What do women look for in a male body?

Page 16 of 18 [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 3:32 pm

^ I don't think so, Bogan. It's possible but he doesn't seem interested in men either. I'm thinking theres some mental (possible insecurity issues) and perhaps physical issues (eg low testosterone) but I also just think sex is not very important to him. He has told me previously that he always assumed he would be alone and he was Ok with that. He was not looking. I used to think "aww that makes me special, he loves me for me not just cuz I'm the first girl who fell into his lap" but now I resent that attitude because I think it prevents him from appreciating me.

Also, yes he is a Christian too (albiet a different brand than me)

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 4:22 pm

MR_BOGAN wrote:
jawbrodt wrote:
mitharatowen wrote:
My husband tells me that I have high expectations 8O
I don't get it.. I don't expect presents or material benefits.. I don't expect him to work full time.. I don't expect him to cook.. I don't even expect him to take a shower more than once a week (which he doesn't)

I expect him to be capable of taking care of important things when needed and I expect him want to have sex with me and I expect him to put my needs before his own when the two clash (I always put his first when I can but sometimes I need things too) I'd also like it if he could pick up the house on his day off (while I work full time) and try to avoid calling me profane names.

Some girls expect less than that?

I think he should stop complaining. It sounds like he has it better than he knows. :chin:

:eew: WTF!! ! :lol:

GET A DIVOICE mitharatowen!! ! QUICK! :lol:

Seriously you're not attracted to him and it doesn't sound like he is attracted to you. :? And it isn't on that he is calling you names.

Isn't that what I said? :scratch: :? I think I've been misconstrued. :chin: :lol:

Those who know, don't speak.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 4:32 pm

^Oh I wasn't replying to what you posted, just the orginal post. I think we are both in agreement, you are more subtle in your comments than me though. :lol:

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 4:38 pm

^Ahhh, :chin: then it was I that was doing the misconstruing. :lol:

Those who know, don't speak.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 4:44 pm

He took two showers this week :wtg:

Orbyss
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 5:15 pm

Isn't that sort of hygiene concerning? I can't fathom going more than two days without showering. One day is bad enough.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 5:18 pm

Me either. I take a shower every day - no exceptions.
But I see no point in making an issue out of it. I've nagged about him making messes in the house or things that affect me (I don't do this anymore, though cuz I'm working on letting little things go) but if he wants to be dirty it doesn't have that much of a direct affect on me so....

:shrug:

Orbyss
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 5:33 pm

Yeah, you do have to let the little things go sometimes. But with me, man, if someone mucks around with the hygiene of my surroundings, they're out. :D It's finding what works and doesn't, of course. I'm glad it doesn't affect you, maybe you can teach me some tricks to let it go if it happens around me. I could definitely use that. Luckily I don't have a problem at present, but visiting my boyfriends mom/possible soon to be mother in law, she's extremely unhygienic and it gets us both really, really depressed.

Speaking of, when my ex was depressed he always showered less and didn't pick up anything. Is that what's going on with your man? I'd hate to think he's suffering, too.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 5:34 pm

jawbrodt wrote:

You called? :ninja:

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 5:43 pm

Orbyss wrote:
Yeah, you do have to let the little things go sometimes. But with me, man, if someone mucks around with the hygiene of my surroundings, they're out. :D It's finding what works and doesn't, of course. I'm glad it doesn't affect you, maybe you can teach me some tricks to let it go if it happens around me. I could definitely use that. Luckily I don't have a problem at present, but visiting my boyfriends mom/possible soon to be mother in law, she's extremely unhygienic and it gets us both really, really depressed.

Oh yeah I am much neater than he is and that used to be the subject of some arguements until I decided to just let it go. I HATE my place being messy but I can clean it myself or deal with the mess. But his personal hygene is something I never really harped on *shrug* I think its kind of gross but I guess he can do what he want's with his body.

Don't EVEN get me started on my mother in law. I stayed in their house for 5 months until I was able to get my own apartment. DISGUSTING :evil: god living there made me so angry. My husband is much neater than his family but still not as neat as mine. I'd caution you about dating someone who was raised by a messy person. There's just some things that you never learn in an environment like that. Eg we had an argument the other day about wiping the counters. He didn't want to because he couldn't see anything wrong with it. I pointed out some spills and some crumbs but he was still fine with that and didn't see why it needed to be wiped down. But really, can I blame him? Once, when I lived at his parents house, I saw them spill sugary soda all over the counter and walk away. 8O 8O 8O drives me NUTS.

Orbyss wrote:
Speaking of, when my ex was depressed he always showered less and didn't pick up anything. Is that what's going on with your man? I'd hate to think he's suffering, too.

Possible, yes. Also suffers from chronic neck pain which causes headaches - I'm sure that doesn't help his lack of motivation. But also, as per above, just is not a clean person.

Orbyss
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 6:13 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
Orbyss wrote:
Don't EVEN get me started on my mother in law. I stayed in their house for 5 months until I was able to get my own apartment. DISGUSTING :evil: god living there made me so angry. My husband is much neater than his family but still not as neat as mine. I'd caution you about dating someone who was raised by a messy person. There's just some things that you never learn in an environment like that. Eg we had an argument the other day about wiping the counters. He didn't want to because he couldn't see anything wrong with it. I pointed out some spills and some crumbs but he was still fine with that and didn't see why it needed to be wiped down. But really, can I blame him? Once, when I lived at his parents house, I saw them spill sugary soda all over the counter and walk away. 8O 8O 8O drives me NUTS.

:D

Yes, that's it. She bathes (as in, has an actual bath in a not terribly clean tub) once every couple weeks or so, occasionally more frequently. But the worst was when my boyfriend spotted she'd not cleaned mouse poop off of her microwave. She basically refuses to kill the mice in her house, and their urine and feces are, well, everywhere. The place is also so filled with mold it makes your throat burn for a while until you get used to it.

You're right in that it doesn't breed good habits with the kids who grow up like that, and my boyfriend does struggle, but he's always been almost OCD about cleanliness because of the way he grew up. He says he used to gripe at his mom about having her dirty feet on clean pillows he wanted to use, and would inspect all the food she made -- with good reason, as he was always getting food poisoning.

He's very clutter-happy, but he showers every day and loves to keep the kitchen clean, which is downright miraculous. His personal hygiene has improved since his depression from his teens has been clearing up, especially now that he realizes he has control over his own space when it comes to cleanliness. Imagine growing up like that when you're more naturally clean.

In the interest of staying on topic, what I find attractive in a male body is cleanliness. If it comes to just the body in this discussion, that is absolutely the prerequisite; if a guy has bad hygiene, I will most likely turn him down instantly. It would take a lot of personality to make me reconsider.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 6:17 pm

What I would find attractive in a male body is if that male body was in the middle of thoroughly scrubbing down the bathroom. :lol: :heart:

Kaysea
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2009, 3:00 am

Women, in general seem to prefer a guy that is in shape, but not bulky (ie: distance runner types). Moreover, I have had more succes when I come across as a self absorbed a-hole, wrapped up in my obsessions, as opposed to actually giving a crap about 'her' as a human being. This makes me sad.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2009, 4:44 am

MissConstrue wrote:
jawbrodt wrote:

You called? :ninja:

Yay! it's MisContrue :D!

:bounce:

Calm down MR_BOGAN no need to get excited. :?

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 3:21 am

I've heard something about women looking at hands a lot, like how a man's eyes gravitate towards the chest.
Is there any truth in that?

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 10:31 am

I don't particularly check out men's hands. But I can appreciate a nice set.

Take that how you will. :wink: :lol: