Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2005, 8:09 pm

I try to be as polite as i possibly can. But sometimes i am unaware of some unsaid social custom, and manage to be a real ass in some peoples eyes. After i learn about that unsaid social custom, i am be very polite in that way too.

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 6:22 pm

I'm pretty good at being polite to old people, but I don't really bother with social cues that I don't understand. I just wing it, and I'm more confident so I get along better with others. It's funny, sometimes my friends say they wish they were confident enough like me to say or do some of the things that I do. I'm content to let them think it's confidence and not ignorance :oops:

JesseRBassett
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jan 2006, 8:16 pm

Personally, I try to be as polite as I can. I hold doors open for people, give compliments, etc.

P.S.--I am back. :)

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2006, 6:17 am

Why thank you for asking!

Yes, one does try to be polite.

What a simply charming question.

May I go now?

:lol:

parts
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2006, 10:36 am

I try to be as polite as I can but dont always realize if I'm not I do say thank you and hold doors and stuff but the shaking hands thing Im not always good with. In general treat people with respect and thats what you get back.

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2006, 2:32 pm

I think that I'm polite. Sometimes, people tell me that I have a tendency to go overboard with my politeness or sometimes I miss the signal that I should've done something or said something at that moment that would've been polite, but otherwise, I feel that I am polite. I am very good at holding doors for people, giving compliments, etc. But I think that my politeness comes from my innerself to want to help people. I realized a few years ago, that I really feel good about myself when I help people. So, I think that my purpose in life is to help others whenever they need it and that is where I think my politeness comes into play.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2006, 6:16 pm

colonel1fan

Quote:
I really feel good about myself when I help people. So, I think that my purpose in life is to help others whenever they need it and that is where I think my politeness comes into play.

I feel the same way I'll go to out for my way to help anybody who needs it if i can most of the time they just have to ask as i have a difficut time sometimes talking with others and people think i look mean. So I am polite as possible at all times

SuXEed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2006, 2:53 pm

I too am very polite, perhaps laying it on too thick. I always say my 'please's and 'thank you's, I hold doors open for others, let people through doorways/gaps first, rarely interrupt in conversation etc. Probably down to me lacking any assertiveness or something, else I try to ingratiate myself with others and that is pretty much the only chance I get to show I'm a nice guy.