Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 8:55 pm

Averick wrote:
I absolutely haven't any beef with taoism; I have broccoli. :lol:

i suspected as much, jumping out to fiercely defend taoism ;]

i was just making some lame-ass point about giving too much "mystical/spiritual/philosophical credit" to planets, and other inanimate objects.
well, ive caused some laughs, and some confusion, my job in this thread is done!

8)

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 8:59 pm

Well perhaps you've should have done that in the "Is earth alive" thread.
But it is a just question.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2009, 7:56 pm

It's a date no more

Plqx
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Feb 2009, 8:01 am

that last video was talking nonsense. The poles have shifted many many times before (and we have known this for decades), and have never caused mass extinctions.

Yes there are signs that it will happen again within the next few thousand years or so, but... so what? What effects would it actually have? Most scientists reckon the only effect would be a very short term weakening of the earth's defenses against cosmic radiation (and of course magnets would start pointing in the opposite direction).

It would most likely not change the position of true north (and thus would not affect the world's climate), and certainly wouldn't cause the earthquakes and tsunamis that guy is going on about...

Such events are not even associated with noticeable drops in populations of species...

parts
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 11:33 am

Now 2112 is a good album

Pixel8
Toucan
Toucan

04 Mar 2009, 5:47 pm

parts wrote:
Now 2112 is a good album

Now that is true!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDjx6aM- ... re=related

To be honest I threw those vids out to test the water, all they have in common is the end/beginning of the world/new age 2012 theme. Personally I don't care if it's science, angels or aliens or all three as long as this disgusting money world order ends. We deserve a bit of peace and love after the last few hundred years of carnage and rampant raping of the planet and each other. Now how smooth the transition will be is the only real question I am stuck on.
It could well be we pass through the magnetic field of the dark center of the galaxy, it could be the rogue planet wormwood/niburu making a few waves, who really knows? To those of you who say nothing is happening at all in 2012...actually I'll keep schtum because if we 2012 fans are right there'll be no internet to post 'I told you so' on anyway, if we're wrong there will be and we will look like rainbow coloured dipsticks for the whole world to laugh at. Either way I'm kind of nervous. :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM5YdAcgFIM&NR=1

ps.how do i embed vids?

parts
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 8:02 pm

Pixel8 wrote:
parts wrote:
Now 2112 is a good album

Now that is true!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDjx6aM- ... re=related

To be honest I threw those vids out to test the water, all they have in common is the end/beginning of the world/new age 2012 theme. Personally I don't care if it's science, angels or aliens or all three as long as this disgusting money world order ends. We deserve a bit of peace and love after the last few hundred years of carnage and rampant raping of the planet and each other. Now how smooth the transition will be is the only real question I am stuck on.
It could well be we pass through the magnetic field of the dark center of the galaxy, it could be the rogue planet wormwood/niburu making a few waves, who really knows? To those of you who say nothing is happening at all in 2012...actually I'll keep schtum because if we 2012 fans are right there'll be no internet to post 'I told you so' on anyway, if we're wrong there will be and we will look like rainbow coloured dipsticks for the whole world to laugh at. Either way I'm kind of nervous. :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM5YdAcgFIM&NR=1

ps.how do i embed vids?

There has been carnage and rampant raping of the planet and each other since the begining why should it change now?