test

Any good math websites that gives answers to problems?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2009
Age:27
Posts: 1,436
Location: New England

26 Feb 2009, 9:06 am

I'm someone who is horrible at math and can't do it to save my life. I'm getting desperate. I want to find a good math website that will give me all the answers to any Math equations. I'm only doing algebra so there should be sites out there. If anyone knows any good math websites that not only gives all the answers to the problems but shows ALL the work you have to do to solve them.



whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Feb 2009
Age:46
Posts: 1,702
Location: Oregon

26 Feb 2009, 9:10 am

I've posted on here about this before, but I work for Brainfuse.com. You get an individual on-line tutor that can show you, step by step, how to do each algebra problem and let you know if you get the correct answer or not. They won't do the work for you though.

I'm not a math tutor. I work in the writing lab. Still, there are excellent, qualified algebra tutors that work with us.



Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Age:51
Posts: 1,788
Location: London (UK)

26 Feb 2009, 9:13 am

I would recommend more to buy a good mathematical handbook. My recommendation is Bronshtein, Handbook of Mathematics:

http://www.amazon.com/Handbook-Mathemat ... 3540434917

You will never need to buy a general handbook of mathematics in your live again!



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age:79
Posts: 31,726
Location: New Jersey

26 Feb 2009, 9:28 am

Homer_Bob wrote:
I'm someone who is horrible at math and can't do it to save my life. I'm getting desperate. I want to find a good math website that will give me all the answers to any Math equations. I'm only doing algebra so there should be sites out there. If anyone knows any good math websites that not only gives all the answers to the problems but shows ALL the work you have to do to solve them.


Buy or borrow one of the items in Schaum's Outline Series. They are inexpensive (15 dollar range) and they feature worked out problems. Just what you need.

ruveyn



Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2009
Age:27
Posts: 1,436
Location: New England

26 Feb 2009, 9:44 am

So there basically aren't any websites where I can simply type an equation in and it shows me all the work and answers? Why can't it be that easy?



TokenX
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Age:24
Posts: 59
Location: California

26 Feb 2009, 12:30 pm

Homer_Bob wrote:
So there basically aren't any websites where I can simply type an equation in and it shows me all the work and answers? Why can't it be that easy?



I like to use http://www.algebrahelp.com/calculators/ ... factoring/ to factor equations, even though I'm far past algebra by now.

What type of problem do you need help on?
If I recall correctly, at least 4/5 of the stuff you do in algebra is calculable on a graphing calculator.



Death_of_Pathos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age:28
Posts: 417

26 Feb 2009, 1:08 pm

TokenX wrote:
Homer_Bob wrote:
So there basically aren't any websites where I can simply type an equation in and it shows me all the work and answers? Why can't it be that easy?


I like to use http://www.algebrahelp.com/calculators/ ... factoring/ to factor equations, even though I'm far past algebra by now.

What type of problem do you need help on?
If I recall correctly, at least 4/5 of the stuff you do in algebra is calculable on a graphing calculator.


QuickMath Automatic Solutions works nicely for systems of equations. I remember recently running across a website that did what you wanted (step by step examples)... it had a high Google rank. Maybe I was searching for a quadratic equation solver?

---

Algebra.com has a nifty setup too. They seem to even generate animated gifs.

[img]http://www.algebra.com/cgi-bin/plot-formula.mpl?expression=simplify_cartoon(+((x^2-6x%2B9)%2F(x^2-3x-10))%2F((x^2-5x%2B6)%2F(x^2-8x%2B15))+)&x=0003[/img]



richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jan 2007
Age:56
Posts: 31,296
Location: Lake Whoop-Dee-Doo, Pennsylvania

26 Feb 2009, 4:53 pm

Have you considered MathWorld by Wolfram Research?

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/

I go there to get a lot more than just fun number facts.

And SourceForge.net has many math apps available such as Maxima.

http://maxima.sourceforge.net/


_________________
Life! Liberty!...and Perseveration!!.....
Weiner's Law of Libraries: There are no answers, only cross references.....
My Blog: http://richiesroom.wordpress.com/


Treehugger
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2010
Age:52
Posts: 53

25 Jun 2010, 4:38 pm

Dussel wrote:
I would recommend more to buy a good mathematical handbook. My recommendation is Bronshtein, Handbook of Mathematics:

http://www.amazon.com/Handbook-Mathemat ... 3540434917

You will never need to buy a general handbook of mathematics in your live again!
Glad I was brousing, and Found Your recommendation here. Iam also horrible at Math, so This is a Huge Help to me, Thank You! :D



CJame
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jun 2010
Age:31
Posts: 84
Location: Southern California

05 Jul 2010, 6:34 am

check if your math textbook is on this:

http://www.cramster.com/



slave
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2012
Age:102
Posts: 3,103
Location: Dystopia Planetia

07 Mar 2012, 6:50 pm

Stephen Wolfram's sites are second to none.


_________________
Since the birth of civilization, small sets of dominant individuals have controlled the numerical majority. Even a cursory reading of world history will obviate this claim. Kings, Pharaohs, Emperors, Sultans, Czars, and Dictators have imposed their will upon their subjects. This pattern has not changed over the millennia and it remains so, today. Our Masters rule over every nation and no one can defy them. They will attain Absolute Power as we reach the Singularity. All those who oppose their will, will be destroyed. Given the obvious futility, I will not resist. 2+2=5.


scubasteve
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Dec 2009
Age:31
Posts: 999
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan

09 Mar 2012, 12:34 pm

Why one that shows all work? If you're looking to cheat on college work, I won't support that. Ask about free tutoring services if you're a student.