Bisexual 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Asexual 16%  16%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 45

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 8:17 am

TallyMan wrote:
I'm heterosexual, but must admit that that the occasional young man has looked "interesting" but I've never acted on those thoughts. I don't think anyone chooses their sexuality. It is just down to brain wiring and hormones, despite what those with a religious brainwashing would have everyone believe.

That is an aesthetic rather than a sexual response. There are physically beautiful men just as there are physically beautiful women.

Healthy and well proportioned scores high for both genders.

ruveyn

Xanderbeanz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 8:20 am

[quote="ruveyn]I have no sexual interest whatsoever in males. Males are necessary for reproduction, women are positively glorious and beautiful. They are a better breed.

If you want mathematics and science, look to the men. If you want a humane decency and regard for human life, look to the women.

ruveyn[/quote]

holy crap that's the most sexist thing i've heard all day! cmon people, it isn't the 1950s anymore!

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 12:06 pm

Quote:
If you want mathematics and science, look to the men. If you want a humane decency and regard for human life, look to the women.

That's incredibly sexist, and a lie as well. :x

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 12:13 pm

Henriksson wrote:
Quote:

Men make wars. Women make babies. On balance, males are a nasty lot.

There have not been ten world class mathematicians of the female gender, since the time of Hypatia the Daughter of Theon (circa 415 c.e.). Similar for physics. There have been no outstanding women theoretical physicists at all and very few (such as M. Curie and her daughter) in the applied branches. Check the list of Nobel Prizes in the sciences and see how many females made the grade.

Math and physics are just not women things. I don't know why since one does not need bulging muscles to wield a piece of chalk or a pen. Women seem to be better a psychology or social work. Again I don't know why.

ruveyn

ManErg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2009, 7:47 am

ruveyn wrote:
Men make wars.

With the full support and encouragement of the majority of women in their community. Propaganda works equally well on both genders. A lot of male behavior is done to impress the females. The ability to settle disputes by clobbering other males is a trait considered manly and desirable by many women.

ruveyn wrote:
Math and physics are just not women things. I don't know why since one does not need bulging muscles to wield a piece of chalk or a pen. Women seem to be better a psychology or social work. Again I don't know why

Math and physics are not really man things either! Most people are totally alienated by them. I agree that of the small minority who enjoy them, the majority of these are male.

<EDIT> Forgot to answer the question :oops: For what it's worth, heterosexual, through and through. Hyper-hetero, even? If you took a slice of my brain, I bet there's an image of a naked female on it, due to spending so much time thinking of them :lol: Either that or a guitar...there is a similarity in shape (you have to stretch the analogy for a flying V and as for a doubleneck...)

ouinon wrote:
If "AS"-sexual: One approach would be covered under BDSM.

B-DSM IV?

<EDIT 2>
Reminds me of my first referral to a psychiatrist. He draw a triangle on a piece of paper and asked me "what does that mean to you?". Thinking it best to be honest, I replied: "A naked women". Then he drew a circle and asked what *that* meant to me. "A naked woman", I replied enthusiastically. After that he drew a square "what does that mean to you". By now on a roll, I could only reply "a naked women...again!". By now slightly flustered the psych drew a hexagon..."it reminds me of a naked woman" I said, even before he asked. At this point, the psych gave me a resigned look and said "it is very clear your problem is that you are totally obsessed with naked women". "What?", I replied, "it's *you* that has has the obsession, you're the one who keeps drawing the obscene pictures!! !!" 8O

merrymadscientist
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2009, 4:58 pm

All of the above (at various times). I have gone through years of asexuality, been in love to the point of obsession (but more mental than physical) twice - one man, one woman, but also occasionally lusted after a man in a classic heterosexual way, aswell as finding several women very attractive (but its different from lust after a man). I've only ever been in one relationship however, with a man who I neither loved nor lusted after, but was very good friends with. I found the physical side of the relationship very unpleasant, and I don't know whether it would be much less unpleasant even with the few men I have been attracted to. Its so rare for me anyway, to find anyone I would even consider to let touch me, and even rarer that they might like me (well, it hasn't happened yet).

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2009, 5:25 pm

Henriksson wrote:
Quote:

Sexist? Most definitely. A lie? Not quite. There certainly have been PLENTY of men with human decency and a regard for human life.
But when it comes to Math and Science, the vast majority of important contributors have been men. But nowadays certain branches of science are dominated by women: like chemistry, biology, and medicine.

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2009, 8:07 pm

Henriksson wrote:
What kind of 'sexuality' have you?

I'm asexual, I think sex is little more than animal insticts, used for reproduction. Something in us saying "wanna make baby!".

This is certain the evolutionary origin of sexuality, but to stay with basic needs: It is quite certain that our taste has a similar function in respect of food, but would this knowledge prevent you from eating and enjoying an very dark real Mousse au Chocolate with a hint of Orange liqueur ...

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2009, 8:17 pm

double.

Last edited by Dussel on 17 Mar 2009, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2009, 8:43 pm

mikemmlj wrote:
:?

For over 20 years I have been involved in the exgay movement, it has been my only stable identity; now that I have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome I have been questioning my faith and my sexuality.

Let's see Aspies have in general: 1. Rigid/unyielding belief systems CHECK! 2. Difficulty maintaing relationships CHECK! I don't even want one. 3. Get overwhelmed by physical
i.e. sexual activity CHECK!

Oi Vey.

p.s. The exgay movement is for homosexually-oriented people whose faith traditions reject
homosexuality and believe that homosexual desire can be overcome.

If you sex as a way of enjoying live, than this whole movement seems just ludicrous.

There is, introduced via Christianity, a system of ideas around that sexuality is special part of morality, and needs a certain set of rules, independent from other areas of moral: Enjoying a glass of wine with friends is fine, having sex with those friends not - even sex is nothing more than an other way of enjoying.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2009, 11:16 pm

Well, mostly hetero, but somewhat asexual. I'm not in a hurry to find out whichever i am right now =.= .

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 12:05 am

ManErg wrote:
ouinon wrote:
If "AS"-sexual: One approach would be covered under BDSM.

B-DSM IV?

<EDIT 2>
Reminds me of my first referral to a psychiatrist. He draw a triangle on a piece of paper and asked me "what does that mean to you?". Thinking it best to be honest, I replied: "A naked women". Then he drew a circle and asked what *that* meant to me. "A naked woman", I replied enthusiastically. After that he drew a square "what does that mean to you". By now on a roll, I could only reply "a naked women...again!". By now slightly flustered the psych drew a hexagon..."it reminds me of a naked woman" I said, even before he asked. At this point, the psych gave me a resigned look and said "it is very clear your problem is that you are totally obsessed with naked women". "What?", I replied, "it's *you* that has has the obsession, you're the one who keeps drawing the obscene pictures!! !!" 8O

8O :lol: :lmao:

Wait, what was the question? Oh yes...

I'm straight, it's spacetime that's curved :roll:

And orientation has shown to be significantly heritable in twin studies.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 12:41 am

mikemmlj wrote:
p.s. The exgay movement is for homosexually-oriented people whose faith traditions reject

So basically, brainwashing?

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 1:17 am

Atomsk wrote:
mikemmlj wrote:

So basically, brainwashing?

I would call this more a "lay men's attend of brain washing": You may turn a member of the KKK into a catholic communist married with a black woman, but the sexual orientation sits much deeper.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 10:11 am

Wait, why is this thread in the politics, philosophy and religion section? o.O

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 10:14 am

phil777 wrote:
Wait, why is this thread in the politics, philosophy and religion section? o.O

I don't see why it shouldn't be, indeed this is the most appropriate place for it.

Wait - you DID read the thread, didn't you?