Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 6:05 pm

Aspies can end up being accused of being naive because of a combination of people seeing our less developed intuitiveness, and our literal interpretation of meaning. We just think in a systemised way.

saintloop
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Mar 2009, 4:37 pm

Silvervarg wrote:
Naive could be described as childish trust, you belive people are telling you the truth. (And to some extent, they want what's best for you.)

Ohhh yes, I am.

Some weeks ago I gave 20€ :oops: to two little gipsies (not at all naive) claiming they were raising funds for some UN projects!! ! I was with a friend of mine who could not believe what I did. Of course he couldn't, it is clear that perfect strangers tell you lies in the street to grab some money.

I can trust again and again a person clearly cheating me. To stop it, I have to force myself in thinking he or she is cheating me every time he or she speaks to me (that is obviously not true)... but, believe it or not, for one second I still cannot help trust!!

On many other respects I am so developed I cannot explain to myself this naiveté, in a way I think I am possessed from that.

JeffJ
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Mar 2009, 8:29 pm

Keeno wrote:
Aspies can end up being accused of being naive because of a combination of people seeing our less developed intuitiveness, and our literal interpretation of meaning. We just think in a systemised way.

I deal with this often. I even have a roommate who will try to protect me from what she sees as manipulative people or people out to ruin my image. I dont really think she needs to, but shes an NT and I suppose its nice to have direct insight by osmeone who can tell these things. she warned me about two girls I was interested in and it turned out that one WAS manipulative and the other was not as interested in me as I thought. But that gave me a bit more confidence in myself too because I associated the signs she noticed with things I DID notice about the people and it hleped me to form my own artificial intuition so to speak. so now I know what to look for and when its not working. I still cannot tell those simple gestures or subtle hints though. Its more of a broader understanding of how people typically react to different situations.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 9:15 pm

Most people are naive about most things.

If "naive" is defined by "lack of knowledge about what most people know about", I'm naive. And I may be naive in the other way too, "Lack of knowledge, period."

There are a few things I'm REALLY paranoid about. I know they can happen. I'm way too aware of the fact that they can happen.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 9:49 pm

JeffJ wrote:
artificial intuition so to speak [...] understanding of how people typically react to different situations.

Brilliantly expressed! This is the work that I have been doing all my life.

EnglishLulu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 9:08 am

I am sometimes. I can be quite gullible because I have a tendency to take things literally.

Usagi1992
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 9:50 am

I got an example of how naive I can be...

I didn't know who Scott Peterman was...or at least, didn't inquire about it, until after his sentencing! :P

When I asked Mom that question, she laughed and said 'You're probably the only person in America that didn't know!' :lol:

I took that as a good thing, because I prefer not to know about the state of the world, most of the time.