Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 2:59 am

Anyone feel "better" after taking a magnesium supplement? I have noticed this lately about myself...it clears up alot of my bad-headedness when I am in a bad-headed mood.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 3:47 am

Yes. I don't know if in my case its a fibro thing or what (is how it was recommended to me), but I find the biggest effect is sort of a calm, more-'centered', less irritable/stressed type feeling. Almost like xanax, but weaker & not as 'druggy'-feeling.

I get the most effect from Magnesium glycinate; other types (like Mag-oxide) don't seem to work as well. I'd take more of it but my stomach can't handle it.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 5:33 am

I feel worse. That's to say feeling as if drugged feels worse to me. I feel that there is less coming through to me and although I'm less distracted and less overloaded, that change makes me feel disorientated and as if my head's full of cotton.

Though it's supposed to help some with AD(H)D. Not me though, no.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 7:18 am

Sora must not be taking relatively puree magnesium.

MOST people are DEFICIENT in magnesium. That can cause heart problems, arthritus, etc... Oh yeah, and HEADACHES!

Steve

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 8:10 am

I feel better in the fact that it makes my fascisculations go away if I take it for a few days. But it doesn't make me happier, calmer, more clear-headed or any of that.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 9:23 am

Mage wrote:
I feel better in the fact that it makes my fascisculations go away if I take it for a few days. But it doesn't make me happier, calmer, more clear-headed or any of that.

Well, it DOES make SOME feel calmer. But the MDR is like 400mg. That is a LOT! And it is best taken with about 1GR of calcium, which is even MORE! It isn't possible to fit that in a one a day vitamin, because it would be a horsepill! In any event, I, for one, would take it even if it only reduced fasciculations! Luckily, that has never been much of a concern for me. As I have mentioned here before, I HAVE had such problems, somaybe the lack of them lately is that I take magnesium! I ALSO used to have headaches, show sickness symptoms more fully, and get muscle soreness, and magnesium got rid of that!

My one a day vitamin pays LIP SERVICE to them! 13% MDR of magnesium, and 10% MDR of calcium. I can EASILY swallow pills with no water, etc... MANY have a FAR harder time than I do. They marvel at how I can even swallow SMALL pills with no water. These pills are over .25" x .25" by .60", and I wouldn't want them to be any bigger. THAT is why I take a magnesium/calcium supplement. Those pills are about .25" x .20" by .70", THEY have 50% MDR of calcium, 64% MDR of magesium, 100% MDR of zinc. That is IT! I take the suggested serving size of 3 tablets a day.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 10:49 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
Sora must not be taking relatively puree magnesium.

MOST people are DEFICIENT in magnesium. That can cause heart problems, arthritus, etc... Oh yeah, and HEADACHES!

Steve

Yes, it helps a lot with my headaches and a bit with the high blood pressure.