Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Roman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2009, 8:00 am

Can you please delete a post http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp2098018.html#2098018
I just notice it appears whenever I try to google my full name and it makes me worried as I don't want my collegues to know I go to this message board and read my posts.

GeomAsp
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Apr 2009, 8:39 am

Hey,

First, you can delete your posts by yourself, no need to request it. There are three options on the upper right corner: Quote, Edit and a cross. That's the one you should click (the cross) if you want to delete the posts. And second, i would like to get some advice from you. I am a phd cadidate, in a different field of course. But i think it would be good to have advice from someone like you. Can i pm you and keep talking about science ?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2009, 8:56 am

Actually that cross doesn't seem to work - not for me anyway :(
But you can hit the edit button and then delete the text you wish to hide, that works for me. Might be better that way, because you could (in theory) just censor out your own name - and it'd be a pity to completely remove such an impressive list of publications.

Also, a couple of posts down, somebody has quoted your post.....dunno if that would show up in a Google search......if so, I guess you need to either ask the guy to edit it himself, or ask a moderator to do it for you.

Being very bright has its downside, doesn't it?

Roman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2009, 9:04 am

I tried to do the edit, but it told me that they can only edit it within the first 9999 minutes of the post.

As far as cross at the end, I couldn't find it. Could it be the same reason?