I'm not bad 30%  30%  [ 28 ]
Talented 35%  35%  [ 33 ]
Highly gifted 16%  16%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 94

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 9:58 am

i play guitar im not too bad i can play a few songs but i mainly do my own stuff

Wraythen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Dec 2010, 8:52 am

I'm a vocalist, specifically of the death metal variety. Give me a little bit longer and I'm sure I could go toe-to-toe with some of the more well-known vocalists in death metal. :D

I can sing as well, though I'm not quite as good at that. I can hold a note for a fair while, I can sing in the lower ranges, but once I approach the higher ranges, like falsettos, my voice breaks and I sound like a complete idiot.

I also dabble in keyboards. While I'm utterly terrible at them (I can only play with one hand), I can match notes and pitch. My brother was playing the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask the other day and playing the ocarina songs. For s***s and giggles, I then proceeded to copy each of the songs note-for-note instantly (and I hadn't heard half the tunes in months).

I wonder what I could do with the proper equipment (and skill, of course).

Submit to the whims of your subconscious.

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 8:39 pm

I play the piano, a little. I'm not very good at it. I'm too clumsy, and I have to color all the notes on my sheet music or I can't read it.

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2010, 3:08 pm

I can recreate songs electronically, and I can still play the piano, a little...

SaxNerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Dec 2010, 12:42 am

I am known to be adaptable at multiple instruments, but, I was told by my music teachers to choose one instrument for VCE (what you do at the end of high school in Australia), and hence my username, I chose the saxophone, because it is my favourite to play, and I find it the easiest. As a measure of how 'good' I am, I'm turning 16 in a few months, and I intend to do grade 7 next year (Australian standards, by the way, I don't know how they measure up to the rest of the world's).

I'm in my city's only youth symphonic band, which in Australia doesn't mean much, but I did have to audition and get ranked and stuff.

SaxNerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Dec 2010, 12:42 am

I am known to be adaptable at multiple instruments, but, I was told by my music teachers to choose one instrument for VCE (what you do at the end of high school in Australia), and hence my username, I chose the saxophone, because it is my favourite to play, and I find it the easiest. As a measure of how 'good' I am, I'm turning 16 in a few months, and I intend to do grade 7 next year (Australian standards, by the way, I don't know how they measure up to the rest of the world's).

I'm in my city's only youth symphonic band, which in Australia doesn't mean much, but I did have to audition and get ranked and stuff.

SaxNerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Dec 2010, 12:43 am

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Dec 2010, 12:15 pm

I consider myself talented. Perhaps not the next Aphex Twin but I have some skills.

It shouldn't matter if you have Autism, it's all about whether you have the talent or not.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 7:14 pm

I'm not bad at playing guitar, however, I am a TERRIBLE singer! I do have a video of me singing with my family, but I don't want to post it. I'm doing this for you all. Believe me.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 7:56 pm

I'm very good at playing piano. I've been playing every day since july and I'm pretty much self-taught. I'm also a great singer, but I don't really like to sing anymore.

E-Wreck
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Feb 2011, 1:17 am

I know a guy at my school who has Autism and he's a pretty good drummer and not a horrible bass guitarist.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 1:40 am

I'm very good at playing instruments, but there's no way in hell I could compose. Also, even though I can read sheet music, I can't play the song unless I hear it. :P

I played the trumpet and baritone (at different times) in band at school, and was really good at it. I stopped being in band once I got to high school, to take programming classes instead, which I regret doing; I wish I would've stayed in band. I want to get a trumpet or baritone again, or maybe learn the clarinet or flute; woodwinds and brass instruments are fun, and don't require playing both the melody and harmony at the same time.

I'm learning to play the accordion currently. I've had it for 3 weeks, and have never played one before that, nor the piano. I'm really good at the piano side already, but so far I have proved to be physically incapable of doing two completely different things with my hands, meaning I can't play the piano melody and bass harmony at the same time. I don't know I just have to practice it and eventually I'll get used to it, but I don't want to give up learning it, it's a ton of fun. I voted talented. I want to make a video of me playing all the songs I know, which are almost exclusively video game songs. 8)

For the piano players out there, when you first began learning, was it impossible for you to play the melody and harmony at the same time? I don't know how to explain it, but if I try playing the bass side and add in the piano, I end up trying to mirror the bass side. Also, I can't play notes at different times on each side. Does it take practice to be able to play two different parts together or am I just disabled? :P

Nosirrom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 2:47 am

I have odd troubles with music. I cannot sight read very well. It takes me too long to figure out what it means and by then I am behind. I always have to learn the rhythms to the piece then sing it in my head when I play. (singing it comes easily) then I still need the sheet music for the fingerings. Just because I know what it sounds like doesn't mean I know what the fingerings sound like.

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 8:56 am

I don't play a musical instrument, but I played the recorder a long time ago when I was eight. I was about average. I forgot how to play the recorder, but I'm a pretty good singer.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 12:16 pm

I'm a great bassist and semidecent cellist. I can play any instrument I pick up decently. Well, not any, I stink with brass. I have a great sense of time though. My greatest strength is technique, but my weakness is that I am a horrid sightreader. I simply cannot do it well. I'm more comfortable playing by ear, as I can discern what needs to be played easier.

My one goal in life is to become a multi-instrumentalist too. I've picked out three very different instruments and I'm sticking with them. My three instruments are the bass guitar, tin whistle and viola. The viola and tin whistle I have very little experience with so it should be fun and challenging. :D Exactly what I want.

I started out in my musical journey playing the xylaphone and recorder. I'm hoping the recorder playing transfers over to the tin whistle. After those two I decided to play bass and I was given the role of the band cellist. Which was really, really fun. Then I stopped for several years. I re-entered the life of music back in 2009 by getting a bass guitar and learning it. I'm currently the bassist for my music class, and the school's only multi-instrumentalist. :D

Though I am told I have a great singing voice I am not a singer. I find it too boring. (Everyone seems to include singing in their posts so I thought I should too. D: )

I am a diagnosed aspie and a great musian, so yes, aspies can be good musicians.

Jack94
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Sep 2017, 9:32 pm

I've recorded a lot of music but idk what level i would be considered? I'm def "good" but it's hard to judge yourself without being overly harsh.

I guess you can tell me your honest opinion, i dont mind a little criticism :o

https://telyscopes.bandcamp.com

https://lenclair.bandcamp.com/