Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 2:32 pm

i play base i'm okay at it

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 8:26 pm

Here's the definition for highly gifted. Watch the whole thing inckuding 0:50, 2:40 and the end. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXeJ9QvxAuA&NR=1[/youtube]

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 9:11 pm

I have no idea if this guy is on the spectrum but one day I will be this good. Some day...

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 10:00 pm

Somehow, I used to have perfect pitch and be able to play anything by ear on the piano, even if there was a long interval of time between when I heard it and when I played it (and without even taking any lessons yet!) I took lessons for 7 years, and as my Asperger's symptoms diminished so did my music abilities, which is kinda sad. So right now, I'm just average. Maybe somewhat talented. (that's what they say)

Impressionist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 May 2009, 8:37 am

So-so good; I play the clarinet and I'm pretty good, I'd imagine I'd be better if I could actually be bothered to practice though. :lol: It was very exciting for the first year or so, and then I tired of it. Unfortunately parents wouldn't let me quit band so I'm stuck with it for a few more years.

Parsaw
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 May 2009, 3:55 pm

I play guitar, I'm not extremely good yet, but I'm building up the skillsszzz

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 7:33 pm

I just printed the tabs for Swing Life Away by Rise Against today. It's a fairly easy song, mostly chord strumming, no hammer-on, pull-offs, tapping or any tough solos, but it's a good song. Anyway, it'll take a bit of time to memorize it but it's easy for me.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2009, 9:30 am

not sure i agree that guitarist is "highly gifted" just technically good in a post-80's kind of way..
he's much more precise than me, but then i play the blues.. all you need is 1 string.. i voted myself as "talented" though :)

Landon

24 May 2009, 1:26 pm

I play some different instruments, but I'm not "gifted" on any of them.

I took piano and cello lessons for a few years, so I can play both of them fairly well.
I taught myself bass guitar when I was 11.
I picked up guitar when I was 12, and drums last year. I think I'm the best at the drums, and that's what I play the most.

I'm not really into music, I'm more into sports.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 6:07 am

Extremely bad, though I managed to pass Music last year through some dumb luck.

The only contribution I've made to music is some crap I made on a cell phone many years ago.

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 10:29 pm

Fudo wrote:
not sure i agree that guitarist is "highly gifted" just technically good in a post-80's kind of way.
Are you implying that it's common to play like that? If I could, I'd be famous. He is. He has so many views.

embernator
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2009, 8:52 pm

I'm decent I guess. I'd be a lot better if I could stay focused on one instrument for more than a little while.

I learned piano first and got bored lol. THen I took clarinet for the school band and had first chair for all of grades 9-12 (10-12 was a combined senior high band)

I also taught myself the flute, recorder, guitar, bass guitar and some french horn.

With the exception of the clarinet and bass guitar I didn't stick with any of these instruments for more than a few months to a year, but I go back and play them now and then.

Corydaman93
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 May 2009, 9:13 pm

I clearly have been playing instruments for 6 years now.

http://www.myviewonautismessay.webs.com

Judah
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Aug 2009, 6:08 am

I record independently, mostly different forms of ambient and piano music. Never really had much aptitude with guitars, but I have my moments. Other than piano I have a talent for drums. My father, grandfather, and great-grandfather were all proficient drummers, though I haven't been near a whole drum kit in a while. I played in a death metal band a while back, and I can do vocals in the style of Nile. 8)

My independent project is called Krowhaven, and I have a myspace for it, for those who are curious.

I am sitting on the moon.

Anonymous1234
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Aug 2009, 3:29 pm

I play Violin pretty well.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 3:47 pm

I'm reasonably good on reasonably uncool instruments. I can play anything on the recorder by ear... I know it doesn't sound like much, but it can be really impressive to listen to... till you see that it's a recorder. Same goes for penny whistle. I can play two recorders at the same time, one tenor, one soprano, playing the "base" on the lower recorder. Doesn't work so well with the penny whistle, since you need more breath control for that.

I play things that nobody's ever heard of, like a hurdy gurdy. It doesn't matter if you can play naff instruments well, nobody's impressed. :roll: However, the only one that I'm really spectacular on is the recorder.

I play the piano to "Jonas brother" standard, same goes for guitar.