Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Alexey
Raven
Raven

08 Apr 2009, 5:15 am

pandd wrote:
Everything, from how to stand correctly, through to complex layered movements, were taught to me in discrete steps with a number of "checks" (ways to determine if the step is being done correctly).

It's exactly my way to learn new dancing movements: my intuitive "copying" is too weak for complex movement. Now I'm learning hustle, and often can see, that another people in the group are copying new movements faster than me. Hustle is partner dance, so there is some issues connected with interaction in pair, which are rather difficult for me (I'm not always feeling the partner). E.g. girls in the group said that my "leading" in dance is sometimes strange: e.g. "don't push me", "don't throw me as the bag of potatoes", "I'm not a log", "I don't understand you", "listen to the rhythm". Now situation is improving.

Learning2Survive wrote:
I tried to dance with other kids in the 9th grade and other kids made fun of me.

I had and still have simular situation: any "free dance" looks unnatural in my case.

Kaysea
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 12:30 am

I dance like an amoeba...

... My body more or less changes shape without any apparent centralized order... hence the (white & Nerdy) amoeba reference.