Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

TobyZ
Toucan
Toucan

11 Apr 2009, 9:59 pm

I believe the movie Harvey is now public domain, download over the Internet for free? I can dig more for a link if people want.

Favorite quotes:

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it."

Doctor: Uh, trauma. Spelled t-r-a-u-m-a. It means shock. There's nothing unusual about it. There's the "birth trauma" - the shock of being born...
Elwood P. Dowd: That's the one we never get over.

Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042546/quotes

Last edited by TobyZ on 11 Apr 2009, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 10:56 pm

ooh, my favorite from "Harvey" is when Jimmy Stewart says "In this life you have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant, I have chosen pleasant".

I don't think that is the actual quote, though.

Merle

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 10:57 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
ooh, my favorite from "Harvey" is when Jimmy Stewart says "In this life you have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant, I have chosen pleasant".

I don't think that is the actual quote, though.

Merle

it's :"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

and so, I quote him! :wink:

Merle

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 2:44 am

*cheers Merle*

I have that on my DVR - excellent film, fantastic actor, one hell of a rabbit.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!