Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2009, 4:53 pm

I'm asexual as well.

I found it out and go on this site for it all the time.

www.asexuality.org

Does God Exist? Here is proof he does.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/is ... 2godMANp2w

zeppelin123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 May 2009, 10:04 am

I'm pretty close to asexual. I only had one real crush and it was on another individual with AS.

desdemona
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 May 2009, 10:22 pm

asexuality dot org has a little thing up there about the fact that a lot of asexual folks are AS. I feel I am that way. Some people think I'm gay. But I am, well older than most of you, and I haven't had a sexual (or relationship) since I was in my 20s.

I went to that website as a co-worker was asking me a lot of questions one day-- did I have any relationships, etc.etc. etc. I got curious. Why wasn't I interested, was this common? etc. Then I went to that site. I read and posted for about a month and then i stopped reading it. (Though that might follow my usual pattern of reading forums so i don't know.) But I have guessed that the topic wasn't that interested. I think of it as normal for me.

--des

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2009, 2:13 pm

Perhaps you're a late bloomer (as others have said). Even when I was dating around I wondered if I were asexual. It took me a long time to "bloom".

You could also be someone who bonds to people based more on intellectual/emotional attraction rather than physical criteria. (That turned out to be the case for me.)

I've been on forums of mostly NTs and when the conversation turns to dating, it seems as if such external issues as physical attractiveness and financial potential can trump internal intellectual/emotional factors.

Or you may be asexual. if that's the case, you might want to look at asexual and quirkyalone sites to see if your experiences and interests dovetail.

INTJ.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 3:32 pm

I'm male, but anyway........

I got my first spike when i was 5, had the first DREAM when i was 9-10, the first you-know-what when i was 12, in otha words, i'm the anti MathGirl when it comes to sexuality :) :D

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2009, 3:36 am

I didn't start feeling desire until I was 17... and snatched out of society, so before and during the time, I had no social life, and it continues even up to this day.

visnofskygirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2009, 7:56 am

I'm not too girly but I'm pretty sure I'm straight :P

...but I don't find boys at school attractive :lol:

visnofskygirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2009, 8:07 am

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
I'm male, but anyway........

I got my first spike when i was 5, had the first DREAM when i was 9-10, the first you-know-what when i was 12, in otha words, i'm the anti MathGirl when it comes to sexuality :) :D

I was wondering what spike means so I googled it and found out...

a long metal nail :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mariah918
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jul 2009, 2:27 am

Well... I can't really relate but in a way it's good, because most of the time if a person is sober and clear minded while having sex, they get attached to the person, even if that person's a big idiot. You also don't have to worry about getting pregnant or STDs because you really don't care about sex. Good for you :)

Marsian
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jul 2009, 12:18 pm

:)

I know what you mean MathGirl.

I just feel like I don't know yet and I haven't developed but I'll see what happens in a few years.

Sam :) x

Michjo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 1:42 pm

I personally get confused when people talk about sexual attraction, emotional attraction, and mental attraction. People treat them like they are mutually exclusive when it comes to dating. I find people sexually attractive, but i don't see why people consider this a factor when it comes to dating people. I don't understand why someone who is asexual cannot date someone who isn't a vise-versa. Surely if you want to make someone else happy (via any means) that is a good enough reason for wanting to be with someone?

MorbidMiss
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jul 2009, 3:16 pm

I do not believe my AS son will end up being asexual, but I have known a lot of males and females who do not have ASD that are just not that into sex. It happens sometimes. It could be permanent or it could change with time.

I would recommend dating people who seem to have your similar level of libido though. It has a tendency to cause problems if people are in a relationship with mismatched sexual interests. Sex can be both simple and complicated at the same time.

Marsian
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jul 2009, 12:15 am

I dunno!

It's all over my head. I can see how people can be pleasing to the eye but I don't really understand attraction and libido.

That said, I can't say that I'm asexual because being asexual in itself is a sexuality by definition and implies that you are capable of having a sexual relationship but are inclined not to.

Maybe one day...

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2009, 12:28 am

Hmm, I have attraction to people, but for some reason there is something blocking it. I have a lot of underlying and deep problems - and I think it has an effect on my libido.. which wants to be there but has great difficulty.

Marsian
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jul 2009, 12:45 am

Does anyone think it's possible to unblock it?

MorbidMiss
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jul 2009, 12:57 am

I think that it depends on what is blocking it to begin with.