How do I get the pass to bypass lines at Disney?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

momtanic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Apr 2009, 11:19 am

I know there is a special pass that can be used to bypass the lines for kids with Autism (my son has AS) at Disneyworld......
How do I get this pass? Does anyone know?

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 11:53 am

From what I can remember of what other people have told me, you ask at the ticket counter. I think that if you called them they could tell you, and possibly have a pass waiting for you when you got there. I'm guessing that you'd need a doctor's note. That's why I think that I'd call ahead to ask, that way if need be your son's doctor could fax them a note, and all of the arrangements could already be in place.

bringram
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Apr 2009, 11:55 am

It's called a Special Assistance Pass. I looked for info online and all I found was they can be had by gettting them from Guest Relations at the park. I would either book the trip by phone and specifically ask for them or book it online and then call them. Hopefully you'll be able to get them sent to you so you don't have to stop somewhere (and wait in line) when you get to the park.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 12:10 pm

bringram wrote:
It's called a Special Assistance Pass. I looked for info online and all I found was they can be had by gettting them from Guest Relations at the park. I would either book the trip by phone and specifically ask for them or book it online and then call them. Hopefully you'll be able to get them sent to you so you don't have to stop somewhere (and wait in line) when you get to the park.

I got the special assistance pass every time I went, you go to customer service by the park enterance, and ask there for it, they will ask a couple of questions, and will give it to you without a fuss. I didn't even need the doctor's note I had brought. It is sorta like a fast pass, but without having to book ride times, and you can get other services other than alternative ride entrance usage too.

20 Apr 2009, 1:04 pm

I wonder if anyone can ask for one faking a disability just so they wouldn't have to wait in those long lines? After all there are hidden disabilities and people can claim to have an anxiety disorder just so they can get one or claim to have Bipolar or AS.

momtanic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Apr 2009, 1:19 pm

Thanks for all the info......I will bring a Dr's note to prove my son does have AS in case they try to give me problems....I am paying the final payment to Disney this week and I will ask them also if I
can do this ahead of time.

__biro
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Apr 2009, 1:20 pm

I think where I live to get queue jumping passes at Alton Towers or Thorpe Park you need either an NHS letter stating what the disability is and what problems it causes, proof of Disability Living Allowance or a blue badge. That's just from what I have read on their websites though I don't know how easy they really are to get.

It would be very helpful to me to have a pass like this, not to use all the time as I wouldn't always need it, but queues can be so stressful. I would probably need to use a queue jump nearer to the end of the day when i'm most likely to meltdown.

TheSpecialKid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Apr 2009, 3:37 pm

Funny. Now that you bring it up. I was in disneyland many years ago (when i was 11), and I don't remember waiting in any lines. I don't remember it fully, but I'm 100% sure, that we didn't wait.

Weird :S ... Neither of us got any diagnosis (As far as I know about).

I guess it just wasn't a busy day. (Though it was in the middle of the summer).

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 4:06 pm

TheSpecialKid wrote:
Funny. Now that you bring it up. I was in disneyland many years ago (when i was 11), and I don't remember waiting in any lines. I don't remember it fully, but I'm 100% sure, that we didn't wait.

Weird :S ... Neither of us got any diagnosis (As far as I know about).

I guess it just wasn't a busy day. (Though it was in the middle of the summer).

am dont think disneyland paris do the SAP [though maybe someone who has been in recent years can say],am checked that one out a while ago, when wondering if could get to there by car [as am not allowed on planes].
is the one in paris any good?

for SAPs,it'll just be an official letter written by doctor of diagnosis,or the usual disability benefit letters and B/B if have one.
though in any place am have been to that offers discounts or special passes-chester zoo and knowsley safari park are last two can think of,they gave a discount for am with no proof needed,and let own support staff go free [two staff].In fact knowsley safari park is probably the most disability friendly if anyones looking for a nice day out,likes animals and has a car.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

VMSnith
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Apr 2009, 1:21 am

Is waiting in a long line too difficult for your son? I really, really, hope that is your motivation.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 5:26 am

VMSnith wrote:
Is waiting in a long line too difficult for your son? I really, really, hope that is your motivation.

REALLY? WOW! It has always been difficult for ME, and everyone I went with!

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 5:38 am

I don't think many people like lining up.

It'd be helpful to bypass such if your child went "Hulk Smash" as you lined up due to being overwhelmed, or that it causes unbearable anxiety.

22 Apr 2009, 8:21 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
VMSnith wrote:

REALLY? WOW! It has always been difficult for ME, and everyone I went with!

I've always hated long lines but I do fine in them. I stood in line for eight hours when I auditioned to be an extra for a Harrison Ford movie. Just bring things with you like like music to listen to or a book to read or games to play, bring a camping chair with.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 8:35 am

I don't do lines if it is longer than 5 minutes... Its really stressful...