Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Fort56
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Apr 2009, 6:24 pm

I don't because, well, with milk it just gets spoggy, and eating it dry is just odd.

Sorenna
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 7:06 pm

I used to eat only that.......b, l, a nd dinner.

now I went Gluten free and no more. None.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

20 Apr 2009, 7:30 pm

i was really never a breakfast eater

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 8:04 pm

Sometimes you can eat cereal with yogurt or ice cream. Some people mix corn flakes in the meat in their meat loaf. Grape Nuts gets spoggy in milk if you don't eat it right away but it's okay in yogurt. You might look for the brands that are known for staying crunchy in milk. Raisin Bran is good (I like MaltoMeal and Post much better than Kellogg's). So are Total, Cheerios, Special K varieties, and Honey Comb, Special K has had something of a arenaissance of late with variaties including but not limited to chocolate, pecans, and strawberries. Reeses and Cocoa Puffs stay pretty crunchy. Honey Crisp does have "Crisp" in the name, which reminds me: I should get some. I've been craving it, somewhat. I miss the crunchiness and that unique flavor. For some reason it makes me think of Dr Pepper or something. Chex and Life are good bets. I like the Peanut Butter Crunch from Captain Crunch and the kind that has only the red Berries and not the filler cereal. Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Honey Bunches Of Oats.
Worst offenders for the soggles would be Rice Crispies, Pebbles, both Fruity and Cocoa, Frosted Flakes, Rice Puffs, Kellogg's Corn Flakes (sometimes) and Grape Nuts.

Last edited by ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo on 20 Apr 2009, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 8:17 pm

Some people seem to think Auties and psychopaths are very similar. I don't know about that, but I am definitely a cereal killer.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 10:58 pm

^and who says we don't have a sense of humor?

I love cereal, but I'm a big peanut butter + honey on toast eater.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 11:05 pm

really good when you're high.

unreal3x
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Apr 2009, 12:17 am

I don't know why but it burns the roof of my mouth.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 12:27 am

I had this problem for a long while when I was little...I took so long to eat that it would go soggy, so I just ate it dry for the longest time.

Eventually I went back to eating it with milk though, I just make sure I eat it before it has a chance to get soggy.

21 Apr 2009, 12:29 am

I used to eat my cereal dry because I didn't like it soggy. Now I prefer it with milk.

Lyriel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Apr 2009, 3:46 am

I am not fond of cold cereal. The texture thing is one issue - some cereals are too rough (Capt'n Crunch is bad about that), and of course I can't stand the eventual sogginess. I think, though, more than anything, my dislike of cereal comes from the crap my mother used to get all the time when I was little, because it was cheapest "kid's" cereal you could buy. It tasted horrible (at least, in my opinion), and the clown on the box was creepy.

I do, however, like a bowl of Corn Chex every once in awhile. It's my perfect cereal - it's not too sweet, not too bland, and usually doesn't get too soggy before I'm finished.

animal
Toucan
Toucan

21 Apr 2009, 4:13 am

I eat cereal every day. I eat homemade muesli. It's the best. I go to bed looking forward to getting up just because getting up time is muesli time.

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 4:27 am

That's a healthy start for the day:

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 6:55 am

am dont eat cereal,but rarely eat anything else anyway due to sensory problems and routine screwups,prescribed ensure [coffee flavour] by dietician/gp,which tastes great unlike the rest of the flavours.

there was one cereal am did like [lucky charms] but they stopped making that here years ago,and can only get it from import shops or selfridges now.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Sorenna
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 10:02 am

KingdomOfRats wrote:
,prescribed ensure [coffee flavour] by dietician/gp,which tastes great unlike the rest of the flavours..

Hi Rats- Oh man, you remionded me of ENSURE! Gag. I had to drink that stuff when I was young and stopped eating. It makes me vomit now. THey made me drink it three times a day plus made me eat all sorts of s**t with gluten in it. By the time I got out of hosptial I was such a mess I was no longer able to do rgular math problems, like 3rd grade, and could not speak in any social setting AND had constant pain in intestines. Truly I did not survive intact. !

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Apr 2009, 10:09 am

Dussel wrote:
That's a healthy start for the day:Image

Except that I usually have a big glass of apple juice and water or a herb-tea first thing, and it's a rollie rather than a pre-rolled cigarette, that is my breakfast, and I love it, especially at a café terrace in the sunshine! :D

Cereals been out since I went gluten-free, ( even cornflakes and rice krispies have wheat-based malt in them ), and even when I did eat it them, it was almost never for breakfast. Yoghurt with cornflakes, and coco-pops, :D was good tho!