Page 10 of 10 [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

SCARED
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jul 2016, 12:21 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Medical Comorbities in Autism Spectrum Disorders

To quote a post. Go to post. On the upper right side there should be a little box that says "quote". Press or click on that box.

The system is very buggy, the spam blocker hassels legitimate users while allowing spam in. To ask questions about how do things with the software or join the chorus of users complaining about bugs go to
wrongplanet.net discussion

Hi, Sorry I've not been around more. Going thru a lot...and the system just ate my reply. I am half- way thru that book, along with reading other things; I can identify w/ about half of it. Also, have read that people w/ ADD score high on these tests, too. Not formally dx with ADD either, but it does run in my family.

Yes, I do know how to quote... what drives me crazy, is the bbcode not working right, as well as the never- ending CAPTCHA quizzes (which I can't do, for some reason... perhaps because my eyesight is poor? Or else, I'm am, indeed, a robot? :wink: )
As for co-morbid conditions, I went to that page, and it said "No page found". However, I do have IBS and sleep disorder.

Well, guess that's all for now! Thanks,
S.
PS. If they want to call me an egg, I guess that's OK. I don't feel like messing around with UCP, whatever that is...United Communist Party? Unsurpassed Chocolate Pralines? Universal Control Panel, I'll bet. Right? But where is it? :?: :!:

Twist Stick
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Nov 2016, 4:01 am

Image :wink:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 128 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 109 of 200
You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits

"I'm human, and don't I know it, lol. "

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 9:59 pm

TheAvenger161173 wrote:

Could you tell us what your numbers were for the NT and Aspie sides?

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 10:03 pm

Sober wrote:
I am not sure what i am with this kind of result :D :D :D

Well, it'd help to know what your numbers were as well.

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".

davidkaltsas
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Aug 2017, 7:29 pm

I got 104 NT and 100 Aspie.

I will never figure out what's going on with me :skull:

emmasma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Aug 2017, 9:33 pm

It is discouraging for me to take these tests because so many of the questions don't apply to me. I have not gone out with friends, or really had friends since before I had kids, nearly 15 years. There are so many questions that ask about what you like to do with friends, or if people comment about how you do things. I can only guess at most of these type of questions and it bothers me not being able to give an honest answer.

Rojin_san
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2017, 10:03 am

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Are these tests accurate? I know they arent...but are they? /: )
I havent been diagnosed and I dont have all of the as symptoms..at least not now. only social problems which I had also worked on and I got way better with most of them....so how did i get this high of a result for asperger?

Justgeorge
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Sep 2017, 6:53 am

The more i learn about autism spectrum disorders and "self-diagnosis," the more i come to suspect that many people are looking for an excuse for their poor social skills wrather than a reason for the difficulties they face.
I once visited the WebMD site and for a laugh listed how i feel when i first wake up and before I've had coffee as my symptoms- stiff muscles, lethargy, irritability, etc.- and among the possible diagnoses were brain tumor and drug addiction, neither of which are or were true.
After 26 years of varying diagnoses that lead to drugs and therapies that weren't working i was finally referred to a neuropsychiatrist who, after relatively extensive testing and a thorough interview, diagnosed me with autism spectrum disorder. I have since taken a few of the online tests (again more for fun than anything), and have scored higher on some than on others. Self diagnosis is, in my opinion, a proverbial "slippery slope" and a bag idea, not to mention the fact that it could serve to prevent those of us with an actual clinical and actual diagnosis to be taken less seriously.
This is just my opinion, thank you for listening.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 11:11 am

Justgeorge wrote:
The more i learn about autism spectrum disorders and "self-diagnosis," the more i come to suspect that many people are looking for an excuse for their poor social skills wrather than a reason for the difficulties they face.
I once visited the WebMD site and for a laugh listed how i feel when i first wake up and before I've had coffee as my symptoms- stiff muscles, lethargy, irritability, etc.- and among the possible diagnoses were brain tumor and drug addiction, neither of which are or were true.
After 26 years of varying diagnoses that lead to drugs and therapies that weren't working i was finally referred to a neuropsychiatrist who, after relatively extensive testing and a thorough interview, diagnosed me with autism spectrum disorder. I have since taken a few of the online tests (again more for fun than anything), and have scored higher on some than on others. Self diagnosis is, in my opinion, a proverbial "slippery slope" and a bag idea, not to mention the fact that it could serve to prevent those of us with an actual clinical and actual diagnosis to be taken less seriously.
This is just my opinion, thank you for listening.

For some people especially older adults and even more so older adult females a "real" diagnosis is not readily available. That is because insurance may not cover it and they can not afford to pay the whole price for an assesment. Also clinicians knowledgeable in how autism presents in adults are not readily available. In this situation what does one do?

You could do what you have been doing but just try harder. You could keep on trying coping mechanisms based on your and everybody's judgment that your problems are caused by you being a weak person or an as*hole. The chances of different results from the same approach are low.

Or you can try self-diagnosis. There is a chance of a slippery slope misdiagnoses. That will not necessarily be a bad thing as coping mechanisms designed for autistic traits can still help you. There are some autism experts who say Autistic self-diagnosis are usually right. As autism traits mirror a lot of other condition if you go the self-diagnosis route your research needs to be extensive. Reading the Wikipedia article or taking an online test or to does not cut it.

I believe a well-researched self-diagnosis is a good workaround.

I agree with you that if you self-diagnose expect withering criticism both personally and to your approach in general. It seems some Autistics are very offended by those who self-diagnose. I do not understand it as self-diagnosis at worst will hurt the person doing that not the so called real autistics. But there is a belief that there are hordes of autistic wannabes self-diagnosing to excuse bad behavior or to be trendy thus further hurting the reputation of "real autistics". I do not get this trendy idea, "autistic" is a popular online slur, I would think anybody trying to self-identify as Autistic to be trendy would soon be dissuaded from that idea. Using autism or anything for that matter as an excuse for bad behavior gets you reprimanded or worse in most places.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman