Page 9 of 10 [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

JohnCNM
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Oct 2015, 7:00 am

I don't think this test captures the impact of Aspie's learning skills that will get them by in some areas of life

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Oct 2015, 2:31 am

In my opinion these two test are more accurate.

The Ritvo Autism Asperger Diagnostic Scale-Revised (RAADS-R)

http://www.aspietests.org/userdetails.p ... stions.php

https://psychology-tools.com/empathy-quotient

The Empathy Quotient (EQ) is a 60-item questionnaire (there is also a shorter, 40-item version) designed to measure empathy in adults. The test was developed by Simon Baron-Cohen at ARC (the Autism Research Centre) at the University of Cambridge.

Clinically, the empathy measurements provided by the EQ are used by mental health professionals in assessing the level of social impairment in certain disorders like Autism. However, since levels of empathy vary significantly between individuals, even between those without any mental health disorders, it is also suitable for use as a casual measure of temperamental empathy by and for the general population.

Below is a list of statements. Please read each statement carefully and rate how strongly you agree or disagree with it by selecting the circle under your answer. There are no right or wrong answers, or trick questions.

Malus_Domestica
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Nov 2015, 4:34 am

I've been absolutely obsessed with ASD for the past month-and-a-half, after taking the AQ test and the result said I'm possibly autistic. The first time I took the EQ test, I got 30, which is just on the tipping point, and when I took it again today I got 32. The first time I took the RITVO test I got 120, which surprised me no end, because this is an actual diagnostic tool used in screening and my score was double the threshold level. The second time I took it I got 138, that was two weeks ago. Today I kept thinking that I'd probably answered "extra ASD"-ish on some of the questions, because I keep doubting myself and thinking that I can't be autistic. So today I took the RITVO again and answered as truthfully as I could, and thinking all the while that my answers this time were definitely less autistic and that my score would probably say I'm NT.

I got 128.

Oh well. I'll just keep on being confused, then.

SCARED
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jul 2016, 3:10 am

Hello,

Well, I am responding to the last post on here, because "I here am new" (from Trekker movie), and don't know where to begin! Elderly female. Have been wondering about this for about 2 years, now and have been testing myself online for around that long. Am socially isolated anyway; family of origin doesn't think I have this (two members are therapists); then again, family of origin is somewhat prejudiced and dysfunctional. Was always odd, awkward; don't make friends easily (or sometimes, don't keep them!) Have had a lot of other dx thrown at me thru out life-- none of them really making sense. Or else, clinicians would frankly contradict themselves, in assessment.

Anyway, no one ever thought of this dx... but all my AD test scores on here are high, plus I just took the EQ= low (22). RAADS-R score= 159. Other scores are either right over the border, eg., AQ= 41, or in case of Aspie Quiz=129.

I just want to know if this could indicate something else, such as: PTSD, or extreme introversion?
I've also had a trauma-filled life.

Also, had slight birth trauma... but every clinician has simply waved that off. I didn't exactly have delayed speech, but no one could understand me. Then, I spoke in complete sentences. Not sure what that indicates.

When I was a child, I used to "rock" to get to sleep, stare at test patterns on the TV screen for hours. Everyone just thought it odd, but cute (I guess?) Stuff like that. Was always a bit of a loner. Very bright, verbally; hopeless, in other spheres. Never picked for teams (and wouldn't have known what was going on, anyway!)

Can pass as "normal", most of the time. Just panic at getting lost easily; have to ask how to do simple tasks, occasionally. Get confused in groups.

I have also been been informally dx as "gifted but learning- disabled".

I have had horrible experiences with the so-called mental health system, and I want no part of them. Don't know how else to explain or to confirm these particular test scores?

Thoughts? :?:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 8:44 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet

You may not have an Autism Spectrum condition because many other conditions mimic autistic traits.

Many clinicians including veteran Autism experts are clueless about how Autism presents in mature females becuse the diagnostic criteria were written for boys. This often leads to older autistic women not bieng diagnosed, misdiagnosed and unfairly dismissed.

It is common for autistics to have other conditions called co-morbids

Getting positive results on tests does not definitivly mean you are Autistic, but it is a strong signal that this is something that needs to be persued.

The Complete Guide to Aspergers by Tony Attwood is recommended.

Women with AS by Aspergers/Autism Association of New England

Aspienwomen: Moving towards an adult female profile of Autism/Asperger Syndrome by Tania Marshall

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

SCARED
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jul 2016, 6:27 pm

OK. Three hours or research, but I finally ended up buying Kindle version of Hendrick's book (not listed here, but part of AANE).

Thanks for your response. Hoping the book may help me know where to go from here.
Found out that there's even a support group in my geog. area, but that everyone there seems already to be dx. Did a search on neuros and psychs... came up with NOTHING! Feel as though I were always going around in circles.

Uh oh: smell smoke! 8O Gotta go; thanks.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

[quote="ASPartOfMe"]Welcome to Wrong Planet

You may not have an Autism Spectrum condition because many other conditions mimic autistic traits.

Many clinicians including veteran Autism experts are clueless about how Autism presents in mature females becuse the diagnostic criteria were written for boys. This often leads to older autistic women not bieng diagnosed, misdiagnosed and unfairly dismissed.

Getting positive results on tests does not definitivly mean you are Autistic, but it is a strong signal that this is something that needs to be persued.

SCARED
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jul 2016, 6:36 pm

BTW, I wasn't allowed to quote what you'd written below, before... got some message re: SPAM! Also, why is my age posted as 1966? Can't figure this out!
I find this application to be very buggy.
Also, is there a publication on what conditions mimic autistic traits?
Thanks!

Also, why am I called EMU EGG? Not that I dislike it, but... oh well. What's a UCP?
I'd do the BBCode, but too difficult with everything else going on.

[quote="ASPartOfMe"]Welcome to Wrong Planet

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 2:39 am

Medical Comorbities in Autism Spectrum Disorders

To quote a post. Go to post. On the upper right side there should be a little box that says "quote". Press or click on that box.

The system is very buggy, the spam blocker hassels legitimate users while allowing spam in. To ask questions about how do things with the software or join the chorus of users complaining about bugs go to
wrongplanet.net discussion

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

lobstercowboy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jul 2016, 9:35 pm

I've taken that test several times over the years and I'm usually around 180/200 aspie.

SCARED
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jul 2016, 12:21 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Medical Comorbities in Autism Spectrum Disorders

To quote a post. Go to post. On the upper right side there should be a little box that says "quote". Press or click on that box.

The system is very buggy, the spam blocker hassels legitimate users while allowing spam in. To ask questions about how do things with the software or join the chorus of users complaining about bugs go to
wrongplanet.net discussion

Hi, Sorry I've not been around more. Going thru a lot...and the system just ate my reply. I am half- way thru that book, along with reading other things; I can identify w/ about half of it. Also, have read that people w/ ADD score high on these tests, too. Not formally dx with ADD either, but it does run in my family.

Yes, I do know how to quote... what drives me crazy, is the bbcode not working right, as well as the never- ending CAPTCHA quizzes (which I can't do, for some reason... perhaps because my eyesight is poor? Or else, I'm am, indeed, a robot? :wink: )
As for co-morbid conditions, I went to that page, and it said "No page found". However, I do have IBS and sleep disorder.

Well, guess that's all for now! Thanks,
S.
PS. If they want to call me an egg, I guess that's OK. I don't feel like messing around with UCP, whatever that is...United Communist Party? Unsurpassed Chocolate Pralines? Universal Control Panel, I'll bet. Right? But where is it? :?: :!:

Twist Stick
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Nov 2016, 4:01 am

Image :wink:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 128 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 109 of 200
You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits

"I'm human, and don't I know it, lol. "

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 9:59 pm

TheAvenger161173 wrote:

Could you tell us what your numbers were for the NT and Aspie sides?

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 10:03 pm

Sober wrote:
I am not sure what i am with this kind of result :D :D :D

Well, it'd help to know what your numbers were as well.

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".

davidkaltsas
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Aug 2017, 7:29 pm

I got 104 NT and 100 Aspie.

I will never figure out what's going on with me :skull:

emmasma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Aug 2017, 9:33 pm

It is discouraging for me to take these tests because so many of the questions don't apply to me. I have not gone out with friends, or really had friends since before I had kids, nearly 15 years. There are so many questions that ask about what you like to do with friends, or if people comment about how you do things. I can only guess at most of these type of questions and it bothers me not being able to give an honest answer.

Rojin_san
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2017, 10:03 am

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Are these tests accurate? I know they arent...but are they? /: )
I havent been diagnosed and I dont have all of the as symptoms..at least not now. only social problems which I had also worked on and I got way better with most of them....so how did i get this high of a result for asperger?