Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

AspieFocused
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Apr 2009, 11:45 pm

First I want to introduce myself to the board my name is Anthony I am 23 years old and self diagnosed Aspie I had a couple of experiences feelings and questions I am very confused on first off it is a normal trait for Aspies to feel disconnected? I just feel stressed and out of it day in day out not really knowing what's going on almost as if I am sleep walking or dreaming...second is it normal for us not fitting in or wanting to be bothered with people? for example when I walk my dog I can mentally block out everything that is going on around me and could care less what cookie cutter suburban people are doing I mean I am approachable if someone tries to talk it's not a stuck up thing it's just that when I try to be myself and speak my mind it doesn't work with those people almost as if you have to be cookie cutter....

The next thing is the OCD or Bipolar for some reason I need to have a routine or if there is going to be a change I need to know about it and plan it everything I mostly do is so meticolous and precise it almost drives me crazy

Another major problem is the romantic part Im not going to get to graphic but is it normal for Aspies to feel disconnected or out of it there as well I am attracted to women and I have had a few encounters but I just don't feel there mentally can't show effection or feeling I can but it's very hard

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 11:56 pm

sure, it's normal, just embrace it. i have the same problems and i am happy with them :)