Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

User1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 May 2009, 3:10 pm

Why not? They're fun. I see nothing wrong with playing video games at any age as long as you don't have an addiction that negatively affects your life.

ManErg
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2009, 6:11 am

Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:
I'd rather play Zombie mod than be stuck at a BBQ with my 'peers' and talk about property taxes and how their kid made honor roll/was sentenced to rehab, and watch people subtly compare jobs, cars, houses, money, to see who has the most 'impressive' life by the usual boring standards.

:D :D
Thanks for that! I also sometimes feel guilty about still playing video games, but this puts it into perspective. You're so right about those peer social gatherings. It didn't used to be like when I was younger, and I rarely played video games them. Video games are very much a fall back option. Something recreational and inexpensive to do since friends all sold out and became dull drones.

Plus, there was a recent article that playing video games increases the mental ability of older people, so I see it as a vital part of my daily health regime. :)

dark_mage
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 May 2009, 6:23 pm

There is nothing wrong with playing video games at any age. I would rather play video games then go out on dates (but I think that might either a) end or b) be a secretive pass time to hide from my girlfriend but we'll see on that). Anyways video games help me exercise my mind much more then useless socializing would and they have no emotion so no emotional signals to mess me up (unless you count the comedy of Red Alert 3 but then that I can handle since I am in total control)

I'm not evil I just have a different view of good

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 8:04 pm

When you don't have any friends and all of my other Aspie Interests require other people, it's nice that there's something I can do by myself.

AJCoyne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2009, 2:47 pm

ViperaAspis wrote:
I thought I was supposed to outgrow this?!?

Says who?
Stop worrying about who you're supposed to be and just...be. 'Kay?
:)

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 3:08 pm

Well, to be honest I don't play video games as much as I used to. I still find them fun, though.

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 8:37 pm

AJCoyne wrote:
Stop worrying about who you're supposed to be and just...be. 'Kay? :)

<sigh> Sage advice, my friend. Sage advice.

You made me feel better. Sometimes the simplest answer just cuts right through to it, doesn't it? I appreciate the support :)