Why did teachers watch me so much?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ILoveLucy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 May 2009, 4:17 pm

Talk about you without you being there just becase your'e different? I haven't been professionally diagnosed with AS, but I was diagnosed with ADHD at 7 years old, had panic attacks every day in school at 12 years old, and was diagnosed with OCD at 14. In first grade my teacher treated me mean and made me feel angry. She talked about me to my mother when I wasn't there..she always talked about me and treated me stupid. I made straight A's in first grade, what was the problem? I would have done fine in anything else if she would have left me alone.

They've always done this. They don't care about me. If a "normal" student has a right to say no, so do I. They just wanted people to laugh at me, which they did anyway. I didn't want to bring my backpack to class with me in 6th grade or have noticably different accomadations, even if it did make things easier for me, it made it harder when other kids were mean. They wondered why I got this and that differently, I would rather not deal with them, they made me angry when I had to tell them I was different.

Teachers were obcessed with me, watching my every move, analyzing my every breath. I wanted to scream "STOP ANALYZING ME! STOP STUDYING ME! I AM NOT YOUR ONLY STUDENT!" It made me feel like nothing was private, ever time I turned around the teacher was watching me. I did not do anything to deserve my being different. I did not do anything wrong so she needed to watch me. I was perfectly capable of getting my books out of my locker without someone watching me, I had not done anything wrong.

They were nice to me, too nice to me. They said it was because they liked me. I didn't want to be "special", I didn't want to be liked so much they were obcessed with me, that was scary. I just wanted them to leave me alone and let me do my school work. I wanted them to except me like they excepted the other kids,I wanted them to see me as me, not as someone who had to be watched all the time.

Why?

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2009, 4:28 pm

Ignorance and stupidity. I wish I could say something helpful.

How old are you now? Has it gotten any better?

ILoveLucy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 May 2009, 4:30 pm

I am 18 now, I am doing college online because if I go for real people will be mean again and I will have to see people, I really don't want to, I don't want to be an outcast anymore.

Whitecrow323
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 May 2009, 4:30 pm

For some strange reason during my junior and senior year the principal and assistant principal got the strange notion that I was planning something ill for the school. Of course I made no such plans, and my goal of graduating HS easily overpowered any thoughts of such plans. It got particularly annoying after Virginia Tech. On three separate occasions I was call down to the principals office to prove I was not going to snap. They even once called down one of my close friends and treated him the same way. In any case as annoying as it was, I did find it kind of amusing the power that I held over their actions. In any case it was still a total waste of time for all parties engaged.

ILoveLucy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 May 2009, 4:33 pm

I wanted to be left alone about "social skills". If you're a teacher, it is your job to teach, and my problem if I do not want to talk to anyone. What good is it to force to me to talk to people if I am only doing it because the teacher is forcing me and it makes me feel uncomfortable and un-natural?? Why couldn't she just teach the class what she was supposed to teach the class, the work, and let me be myself?

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 May 2009, 6:37 pm

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:33 pm Post subject:
I wanted to be left alone about "social skills". If you're a teacher, it is your job to teach, and my problem if I do not want to talk to anyone. What good is it to force to me to talk to people if I am only doing it because the teacher is forcing me and it makes me feel uncomfortable and un-natural?? Why couldn't she just teach the class what she was supposed to teach the class, the work, and let me be myself?

I have the same problem, all the teachers freak about social skills, wtf.

ILoveLucy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 May 2009, 4:22 pm

What they want is for people to come to them and thank them later for making them "socialable". All they care about is "fixing" people THEY decide are "broken" for their own gratification. What matters is if a person is happy. I'm OK with not socializing, it's not hurting anyone...

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2009, 6:15 pm

Unfortunately, most of the workforce is worst than your teachers. They're completely unconscious of what they are doing, and they won't even tell you what they want, let alone why.