ALL 25%  25%  [ 154 ]
None 1%  1%  [ 9 ]
None 2%  2%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 609

Hermid
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jun 2011, 3:00 pm

Children and Babies!, I hate it when parents just let there kids scream and do nothing to stop it, when its annoying everyone around them.

I barking dogs dont bother me.

ratonlaveur
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jun 2011, 8:16 pm

In this order:

1) Crying babies. Always.
2) Screaming children, but only when it's a shrieking female horror-movie type piercing loud scream. I had a neighbor once with a kid who screamed alllll dayyy.. Ugh
3) Dogs barking... only if I'm trying to sleep, otherwise doesn't bug me too much

Guitarmaniac91
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jun 2011, 12:07 pm

I hate the sounds of most of these, except the dogs barking, I've kinda learned how to block that out, having been the not-so-proud owner of a Yorkshire Terrier, who barks and drones literally all day, for the best part of 8 years.

Every time a baby or child screams or cries, whether in real life or on television, I get a burning sensation in my head, and it doesn't seem to go away until long after I've left said area. In a restaurant, I all too often hear screaming toddlers and babies screaming and crying, and get the feeling that I shouldn't be there. One message burns in my head "Get me out of here", and one time this little girl was screaming like a chipmunk that'd just been pricked by a cactus, my face went dark red, my eyes widened and I slammed my cutlery on the table and said, with anger in my voice: "She'd better shut up NOW!!" and the family opposite could obviously see that I wasn't happy, and she soon shut up.
Little toddlers also ruined the already p*ss-poor Thunderbirds movie, while I was trying to watch this monstrosity of a movie in the cinema, the girl screamed and cried near enough all the way through it, and as an added eyesore, she sat on one of the steps leading up to where I was sat, and was still p***ing about. I left very annoyed.

As for crying babies, they have such high-pitched cries, and they seem to cry forever. The worst was the first time I was flying for the first time. Liverpool to Murcia. Not a long journey, about 2 and a half hours, but since I was a first time flyer I felt scared and didn't quite know what to expect. When we took off I was bricking it, I hate takeoff. Anyway, there was turbulence, a brother who is terrified of heights screaming his head off, and to top it off... You'll never guess... In the seats just across from us... For the whole damn journey.

-Me being philosophical earlier this year

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 2:30 pm

Crying babies. By far. I now it is natural, I don't complain about it, but it drives me insane, it just pierces my ears. Screaming children is number two, barking dogs third.

LaFemmeEnfant
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jun 2011, 9:18 am

You're not alone . I can't stand crying babies and screaming children.Those sounds are so irritating that I start to do various useless things just to calm myself, fidget and squrim in the chair, cover my ears like in psychodrama trance. My ears are so sentisive to those sounds, I'm sorry,I can't help it.

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jul 2013, 1:00 pm

Hate to bump up a thread I started over 4 years ago, but I wanted to make an update about the noise problem I've had.
Barking dogs no longer bother me and I now have a black lab named Reagan who just turned 4 this past June. Also I'm trying to get over screaming children and crying babies the best I can. So far, I haven't been using my iPod or earplugs when I go into public places, but I still carry them just in case. I've been to the beach twice this year so far and I hope to make it to the waterpark or boardwalk before summer ends. My last step is Toys R Us.
The screaming/crying still bother me and I say things like 'shut up' or 'stop screaming' under my breath and on rare occasions I'll cover my ears, but to me I believe I'm doing better and hopefully I'll be able to tune them out completely like their parents do. I always prep myself whenever I go out in public and tell myself repeatily that it's just a noise.
After I get rid of this noise issue, I'm going to work on eye contact and other social problems I have. I want to live life like a Neurotypical.

www.stewartmango.com

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 2:02 pm

I don't usually hear screaming babies.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

28 Jul 2013, 9:20 pm

Ya know, I am put off by all of the above. Hearing such cacophony really makes me uneasy.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Forkliftoperator
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2013, 11:50 pm

Screaming children bother me especially when I'm tired. I live in an apartment and I have neighbours who let their kids run loose up and down the halls screaming. I find my workplace quieter than my apartment at times. The constant screaming and running makes me cover my ears and close my eyes tight while lying still. My head feels like it wants to explode and I want to scream so I end up shaking it side to side. Strangely enough, the equipment such as the hose cutting machine, and various metal cutting machines don't bother me at work.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 7:38 am

I can't stand the sound of screaming children and crying babies. Especially so when parents don't make the efforts to get them to quiet down. Why don't they? I have no idea. Maybe they don't realize how much power they have in getting the child to comply with the order to stop screaming. And maybe they find the sound of their baby crying somehow endearing, so they don't stop the crying.

Barking dogs, on the other hand, are no problem at all. I kind of like hearing the barking sound, and that's despite being afraid of dogs when I was little. I even laugh when I hear two different-sized dogs barking back-and-forth. The end result is almost comical: massive, thumping low-pitched barks, alternating with jumpy, squeaky, high-pitched barks.

I don't know why I feel that way. Maybe because I associate crying babies and screaming children with my unhappy childhood that I wish never existed (that is, go straight from newborn to adult), while I associate barking dogs with man's best friend and always wanting a dog when I was growing up (that is, after I stopped being afraid of dogs).

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 11:35 pm

Screaming children & crying babies are tied as the worst, to my poor ears.
Barking dogs bother me, but not as badly as the above two offenders.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 3:48 pm

I can put up with screaming children and crying babies unless I am having migraines at the time. But I cannot put up with barking dogs, as they are annoying and sometimes startling. I used to own a St. Bernard who would bark continuously for no reason whatsoever, and that would get on my nerves, especially at night when we're trying to sleep. I can honestly say that I'm more of a cat person; at least they're quieter most of the time.

54together
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Aug 2013, 6:38 am

Screaming children, more so 'older' children having temper tantrums.
I always think to myself, "What a brat" when I hear kids having tantrums over toys and sweets.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 2:55 pm

There are all just as bad as each other.

Major_G
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Aug 2013, 12:12 am

Definitely screaming kids & crying babies are the worst. Barking dogs can be annoying, too, but they aren't as ear-splitting as the previous two.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cVlTeIATBs[/youtube]

JrJohnbarn1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Aug 2013, 6:34 am

I absolutely hate screaming kids and babies with a passion, I can't go anywhere or do anything without having to put up with ear piercing screams every two minutes. I know a lot of them probably don't know any better but it just irritates me and grates on my nerves so much, they are my pet hate :x