Yeah but only if she's a couple years older 17%  17%  [ 12 ]
Older than what? 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Depends upon the woman 24%  24%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 70

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 9:22 am

hmm, i have a rule for myself, should be around my own age, +/- a year or two, so right now would be ranged around.... (im almost 21, so ill just use that as the centerpoint.)

19-23, or 20-22

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 7:57 pm

Yes I would. I've actually joined a local group that has "cougar parties", though so far I haven't been to any where there were more that 4 or 5 people. I also find younger women closer to my own age attractive, but in a slightly different way.

Though I also wonder what my odds are at this point. I'm unemployed (between graduate school programs), am living in my parents' house for the time being, and of course I'm not socially the best either. For those reasons I think someone close to college age may be able to relate better.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 6:36 pm

My main focus is finding someone with the same interests and beliefs. I try to look for people close to my age, but if I can't, I would be open to bigger age differences.

sirocco333
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jun 2009, 11:23 pm

I'm 39 and my wife just turned 50 in March. We've been married since September 2008. We met playing WoW (World of Warcraft) and the relationship just evolved from there. I hadn't really considered if I would have dated someone 11 years older until we had gotten to know each other.

Being as that she is from Columbus, Ohio, USA (where we now live together) and I am from Calgary, Alberta, Canada we couldn't meet in person for several months of first meeting in the game. After talking a lot online, then on the phone, then on Skype we decided to meet face to face.

After her going to Calgary, then me vacationing in Columbus we decided to give things a try.

Sometimes it's a bit trying because I feel she doesn't respect my life experience and opinion, but she's also a first born and a bit bossy too. She is incredibly supportive of me as well though. We're learning to deal with each other, it's only been 8 months since we started living together.

I don't mean to offend anyone here. I imagine that many (not all) guys think that older women are to be avoided because they don't look good naked or other such reasons. I can't speak for many women, but my wife is still damn fine looking with clothes and without. She is getting gray hair, and she's a bit self conscious about it (especially standing next to me).

I might not have dated an older woman except that circumstances came about in which I got to know one first.

In any case it's a personal choice.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Jun 2009, 2:52 pm

sirocco333 wrote:
I'm 39 and my wife just turned 50 in March. We've been married since September 2008. We met playing WoW (World of Warcraft) and the relationship just evolved from there. I hadn't really considered if I would have dated someone 11 years older until we had gotten to know each other.

Being as that she is from Columbus, Ohio, USA (where we now live together) and I am from Calgary, Alberta, Canada we couldn't meet in person for several months of first meeting in the game. After talking a lot online, then on the phone, then on Skype we decided to meet face to face.

After her going to Calgary, then me vacationing in Columbus we decided to give things a try.

Sometimes it's a bit trying because I feel she doesn't respect my life experience and opinion, but she's also a first born and a bit bossy too. She is incredibly supportive of me as well though. We're learning to deal with each other, it's only been 8 months since we started living together.

I don't mean to offend anyone here. I imagine that many (not all) guys think that older women are to be avoided because they don't look good naked or other such reasons. I can't speak for many women, but my wife is still damn fine looking with clothes and without. She is getting gray hair, and she's a bit self conscious about it (especially standing next to me).

I might not have dated an older woman except that circumstances came about in which I got to know one first.

In any case it's a personal choice.

Awesome! I love stories like this!

Barbarossa
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jun 2009, 6:38 pm

Sure, I've liked women in their 30s before.

Now I wouldn't date an old wrinkly woman with grey hair... but <40 is ok.

I am 21 btw

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Jun 2009, 8:04 pm

Barbarossa wrote:
Sure, I've liked women in their 30s before.

Now I wouldn't date an old wrinkly woman with grey hair... but <40 is ok.

I am 21 btw

:lol: If she was even interested in dating!

Seriously, though, I always find it interesting when people assign these arbitrary numbers; they'll date someone with this number of years as opposed to someone with that number of years. I wonder how much that has to do with stereotypes, and how much with reality. I happen to be over 40, and yet people constantly mistake me for being in my late 20's, or early 30's. It never ceases to amaze me. I just don't look or act my age.

BTW, I am not making fun of anyone or faulting them for stating their preferences.

Barbarossa
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jun 2009, 8:09 pm

Actually I agree - the less than 40 thing is just general really. I mean if I thought she was hot then I wouldn't care how old she was - I wouldn't just think "s**t, I like her, but she's 42 so no way" :P

I doubt many women over 25 would be interested in me anyway tbh - I am not very independent and look pretty young for my age

EDIT: I should add, not many women under 25 are interested in my either :lol:

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Jun 2009, 8:19 pm

Barbarossa wrote:
Actually I agree - the less than 40 thing is just general really. I mean if I thought she was hot then I wouldn't care how old she was - I wouldn't just think "sh**, I like her, but she's 42 so no way" :P

I doubt many women over 25 would be interested in me anyway tbh - I am not very independent and look pretty young for my age

EDIT: I should add, not many women under 25 are interested in my either :lol:

Well, there are probably people who would be interested in you. Just finding them is the challenge. :)

Barbarossa
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jun 2009, 8:21 pm

I think they're hiding :P