Page 7 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Did you pray that prayer at the bottom of this thread to God?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 85%  85%  [ 33 ]
I have already prayed and accepted Jesus into my Heart and life. 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Other 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 39

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 11:12 am

some creationists insist dinosaurs lived untill noah tho. and i imagine the same thing there: a 250 million year worth of accumulation of hundreds of thousands of GIGANTIC animals

no wonder they had to die :D
noah could barely get around, maybe he had to run on top of dinosaurs 8)

monty
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 12:07 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
monty wrote:
greenblue wrote:
That's the beauty of heaven, not everyone gets there, it'll be a thrill to get rid of few people for once.

LOL - good to see irony is alive and well. You were being ironic, were you not?

No, why would he? Seeing others damned is just a great thrill.

"When the saints in glory, therefore, shall see the doleful state of the damned, how will this heighten their sense of the blessedness of their own state, so exceedingly different from it! When they shall see how miserable others of their fellow creatures are, who were naturally in the same circumstances with themselves; when they shall see the smoke of their torment, and the raging of the flames of their burning, and hear their dolorous shrieks and cries, and consider that they in the mean time are in the most blissful state, and shall surely be in it to all eternity; how will they rejoice! " - Jonathan Edwards

So much for loving one's neighbor or fellow man like one's self ... I guess we don't want heaven getting too crowded.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 12:56 pm

monty wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:
monty wrote:
greenblue wrote:
That's the beauty of heaven, not everyone gets there, it'll be a thrill to get rid of few people for once.

"When the saints in glory, therefore, shall see the doleful state of the damned, how will this heighten their sense of the blessedness of their own state, so exceedingly different from it! When they shall see how miserable others of their fellow creatures are, who were naturally in the same circumstances with themselves; when they shall see the smoke of their torment, and the raging of the flames of their burning, and hear their dolorous shrieks and cries, and consider that they in the mean time are in the most blissful state, and shall surely be in it to all eternity; how will they rejoice! " - Jonathan Edwards

So much for loving one's neighbor or fellow man like one's self ... I guess we don't want heaven getting too crowded.

A Calvinist told me that about 95% of the human population would go to hell, and that he is luckily one of the 5% who is elect.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

14 May 2009, 1:35 pm

ZEGH8578 wrote:
will heaven be full of...ammonites and mosasaurs?

Presumably not, as Revelations says there shall be no more sea. Rupert Brooke rightly pointed out that fish probably wouldn't see it that way:
http://europeanhistory.about.com/librar ... heaven.htm

And as Kipling realized, there are, of course, plenty of other beings who would take issue with a landlocked afterlife too...
http://www.readbookonline.net/readOnLine/8817/

Which rather nicely, has a verse in there about Judas that leads on to this:

Quote:
On the other side, do people who are well behaved in hell get time off for good behaviour to spend in heaven?

There used to be such an idea among some Christians - it was known as the Refrigerium. (A word meaning 'refreshment', originally applied to a Roman 'feast for the dead' rather like the Mexican Dia de los Muertos, later applied to the idea of days off for the damned, and eventually morphing into the doctrine of Purgatory.) They didn't usually spend time in Heaven; Judas getting to sit on a rock in the middle of the ocean is from the old Irish poem about the voyage of St. Brendan. C. S. Lewis, in The Great Divorce, does let his damned visit Heaven, but most of them don't like it there very much.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 3:54 pm

Henriksson wrote:
monty wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:
monty wrote:
greenblue wrote:

A Calvinist told me that about 95% of the human population would go to hell, and that he is luckily one of the 5% who is elect.

Well, that's how they know God exists!

CALVIN'S ARGUMENT, a.k.a. TERTULLIAN'S ARGUMENT
(1) If God exists, then he will let me watch you be tortured forever.
(2) I rather like that idea.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 4:06 pm

twoshots wrote:
really wonder about our education system. In fact the whole thing is bunk because the sun doesn't create light, it absorbs darkness.

Mmmmm this is a new one on me, so I decided to hunt for this and guess what NOTHING. Next you will be telling us that the speed of light does not exist, instead it is the speed of darkness absorption

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 May 2009, 4:53 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Shadowgirl wrote:
I come with good intentions of helping everyone.

Helping people is giving food to a starving man or donating blood. Helping people is not trying to indoctrinate them with your propaganda. How would you feel if a fundamentalist Muslim told you that to get to heaven you must pray to Allah and read the Koran etc or you will go to hell? Would you regard him as helping you or trying to indoctrinate you? Similarly with anyone who tries to push their political or other beliefs down your throat and lacks the ability or willingness to support their propaganda with anything other than "believe this or else!". Your posts come across as self-deluded, patronising and very pushy.

I would have to contradict the Muslim with the facts. Many aren't in the habit of spreading the Koran. Plus and I'm not saying all Muslims but many kill if you become a Christian or if you don't become a Muslim. The Koran has things backwards and it is based from Christianity but really isn't.

I am simply just putting out what I have to say and what I am directed to do by God. I can't shove it down your throat I can only tell you so that you know.
And if it is interesting to you then I would be happy to tell more but whether they want to be Christian or not is not up to me. Thats up to the individual to decide for themselves.
I do it because I love all of you and want to spread that which God has for us.

What could you have against a good Christian that does good things for people and inspires them?

Does God Exist? Here is proof he does.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/is ... 2godMANp2w

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 6:21 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
twoshots wrote:
really wonder about our education system. In fact the whole thing is bunk because the sun doesn't create light, it absorbs darkness.

Mmmmm this is a new one on me, so I decided to hunt for this and guess what NOTHING. Next you will be telling us that the speed of light does not exist, instead it is the speed of darkness absorption

There is plenty of support among the scientific community for the darkness absorption theory. Photons are a myth promulgated by the Newtonian Cabal and overhyped by the zealous and ignorant media.

MattShizzle
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 6:48 pm

I have to agree with Dan Barker of the Freedom From Religion Foundation ( http://www.ffrf.org ) That if Christianity were true I'd rather go to hell anyway - better to burn than spend an eternity polishing the vanity of an all-powerful dictator and bully. As Richard Dawkins said:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 9:28 pm

twoshots wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:
twoshots wrote:

There is plenty of support among the scientific community for the darkness absorption theory. Photons are a myth promulgated by the Newtonian Cabal and overhyped by the zealous and ignorant media.

This is a marvelous revelation of where you come from. It neatly characterizes you for future evaluation of your intellectual competence.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 10:20 pm

Sand wrote:
twoshots wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:
twoshots wrote:

This is a marvelous revelation of where you come from. It neatly characterizes you for future evaluation of your intellectual competence.

Now way; that's how bulbs work. It has to be true. I read it on the internet.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 11:00 pm

twoshots wrote:
Sand wrote:
twoshots wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:
twoshots wrote:

Now way; that's how bulbs work. It has to be true. I read it on the internet.

But of course! Anything in the internet completely destroys all the fundamentals discovered by Newton and Einstein.

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2009, 6:09 pm

MattShizzle wrote:
I have to agree with Dan Barker of the Freedom From Religion Foundation ( http://www.ffrf.org ) That if Christianity were true I'd rather go to hell anyway - better to burn than spend an eternity polishing the vanity of an all-powerful dictator and bully. As Richard Dawkins said:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

You don't want to go there. Thats what this prayer is for. If you say it and mean it in your heart you will be saved from Hell. The devil is trying to trick you. God is a God of love and will not bully or hurt you.
I think before you come to a decision like that you should read the book "23 minutes in Hell" by Bill Wiese. Learn about it and avoid it.
God doesn't send anyone there they send themselves and it hurts God everytime someone goes there.
Get to know God more and you'll see he's great and loves you.

Does God Exist? Here is proof he does.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/is ... 2godMANp2w

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 6:38 pm

Shadowgirl wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:

You don't want to go there. Thats what this prayer is for. If you say it and mean it in your heart you will be saved from Hell. The devil is trying to trick you. God is a God of love and will not bully or hurt you.
I think before you come to a decision like that you should read the book "23 minutes in Hell" by Bill Wiese. Learn about it and avoid it.
God doesn't send anyone there they send themselves and it hurts God everytime someone goes there.
Get to know God more and you'll see he's great and loves you.

Are you insinuating that the devil wrote the old testament?

monty
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 7:23 pm

twoshots wrote:

Don't be ridiculous - we know light exists - consider how the eye works. It sends out a stream of quantum vision particles. When these strike a surface, they transmit the information back to the eye (they are 'entangled' with a symmetrical particle on the retina, and both are annihilated once the info is transmitted). Light is essential as a catalyst to keep the spin and charm of the vision particle at critical velocity. See?

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 10:42 pm

monty wrote:
twoshots wrote:

Don't be ridiculous - we know light exists - consider how the eye works. It sends out a stream of quantum vision particles. When these strike a surface, they transmit the information back to the eye (they are 'entangled' with a symmetrical particle on the retina, and both are annihilated once the info is transmitted). Light is essential as a catalyst to keep the spin and charm of the vision particle at critical velocity. See?

:lmao: There we go. That's what I'm talking about. We need to critically deconstruct the disinformation of the patriarchal paradigm of "science".