Page 8 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Did you pray that prayer at the bottom of this thread to God?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 85%  85%  [ 33 ]
I have already prayed and accepted Jesus into my Heart and life. 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Other 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 39

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 10:42 pm

monty wrote:
twoshots wrote:
There is plenty of support among the scientific community for the darkness absorption theory. Photons are a myth promulgated by the Newtonian Cabal and overhyped by the zealous and ignorant media.

Don't be ridiculous - we know light exists - consider how the eye works. It sends out a stream of quantum vision particles. When these strike a surface, they transmit the information back to the eye (they are 'entangled' with a symmetrical particle on the retina, and both are annihilated once the info is transmitted). Light is essential as a catalyst to keep the spin and charm of the vision particle at critical velocity. See?

:lmao: There we go. That's what I'm talking about. We need to critically deconstruct the disinformation of the patriarchal paradigm of "science".

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 12:27 am

Fuzzy wrote:
Shadowgirl wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:
I have to agree with Dan Barker of the Freedom From Religion Foundation ( http://www.ffrf.org ) That if Christianity were true I'd rather go to hell anyway - better to burn than spend an eternity polishing the vanity of an all-powerful dictator and bully. As Richard Dawkins said:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

You don't want to go there. Thats what this prayer is for. If you say it and mean it in your heart you will be saved from Hell. The devil is trying to trick you. God is a God of love and will not bully or hurt you.
I think before you come to a decision like that you should read the book "23 minutes in Hell" by Bill Wiese. Learn about it and avoid it.
God doesn't send anyone there they send themselves and it hurts God everytime someone goes there.
Get to know God more and you'll see he's great and loves you.

Are you insinuating that the devil wrote the old testament?

IIRC, sometimes Gnostics identified Yahweh with Yaldaboath, who is *kind of* like the devil.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 6:10 am

Shadowgirl wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:
@ shadowgirl, how old do you believe the earth to be and how did humanity come into being. Just curious for your thoughts?

I don't know about the earths age nor could any guess I make come close because Gods timelines are different from ours.

God created the earth from nothing created the animals first and made us from dust of the earth. So we are a separate species in that respect.
God did it all.

Plants were "created" first, prior to animals.

ruveyn

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 6:11 am

Shadowgirl wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:
@ shadowgirl, how old do you believe the earth to be and how did humanity come into being. Just curious for your thoughts?

I don't know about the earths age nor could any guess I make come close because Gods timelines are different from ours.

God created the earth from nothing created the animals first and made us from dust of the earth. So we are a separate species in that respect.
God did it all.

ruveyn

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 6:36 am

ruveyn wrote:
Shadowgirl wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:

God did it all.

ruveyn

You cannot argue with Shadowgirl. Argument is possible with a thinking mind. That is a mere computer program out of a defunct book. Useless for discussion.

MattShizzle
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 10:22 am

"Do this or be tortured forever" does not sound very kind or loving to me. It sounds in fact like the mindset of a bronze-age tyrant. Especially when there is no valid evidence for any "god" existing let alone a particular one.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 10:24 am

MattShizzle wrote:
"Do this or be tortured forever" does not sound very kind or loving to me. It sounds in fact like the mindset of a bronze-age tyrant. Especially when there is no valid evidence for any "god" existing let alone a particular one.

and thats how we define "to hit the nail on the head" 8)

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 10:39 am

ZEGH8578 wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:

and thats how we define "to hit the nail on the head" 8)

The OT god reminds me of Hammurabi, who was a despot, but set up some sort of law to control the populace.

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2009, 10:51 am

Fuzzy wrote:
Shadowgirl wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:
I have to agree with Dan Barker of the Freedom From Religion Foundation ( http://www.ffrf.org ) That if Christianity were true I'd rather go to hell anyway - better to burn than spend an eternity polishing the vanity of an all-powerful dictator and bully. As Richard Dawkins said:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

You don't want to go there. Thats what this prayer is for. If you say it and mean it in your heart you will be saved from Hell. The devil is trying to trick you. God is a God of love and will not bully or hurt you.
I think before you come to a decision like that you should read the book "23 minutes in Hell" by Bill Wiese. Learn about it and avoid it.
God doesn't send anyone there they send themselves and it hurts God everytime someone goes there.
Get to know God more and you'll see he's great and loves you.

No the prophets wrote it under Gods direction. The devil wants you to think God is bad but he isn't hes a good God and loves you and everyone.

Does God Exist? Here is proof he does.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/is ... 2godMANp2w

MattShizzle
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 12:08 pm

What was that George Carlin routine about that? If I loved someone I wouldn't torture them under any circumstances. I also wouldn't - to compare it to the cruci-fiction story - cut off one of my fingers and expect them to accept it in order to forgive them and spray lighter fluid on them and ignite it if they don't. Normal people forgive unconditionally or with a simple apology. We also don't come up with ridiculous rules write them in a book and expect people to guess it's correct among oter books with conflicting ridiculouse rules and the distinct possibility none are correct. Belief isn't a choice either - we believe based on whether we are convinced by a preponderance of evidence.
As Mark Twain said "The first religion was created when the first con-man met the first fool."

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 5:02 pm

Sand wrote:
twoshots wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:
twoshots wrote:
really wonder about our education system. In fact the whole thing is bunk because the sun doesn't create light, it absorbs darkness.

Mmmmm this is a new one on me, so I decided to hunt for this and guess what NOTHING. Next you will be telling us that the speed of light does not exist, instead it is the speed of darkness absorption

There is plenty of support among the scientific community for the darkness absorption theory. Photons are a myth promulgated by the Newtonian Cabal and overhyped by the zealous and ignorant media.

This is a marvelous revelation of where you come from. It neatly characterizes you for future evaluation of your intellectual competence.

I came to the same conclusion Sand when I read his reply. It occurred to me that there is also support amongst the 'scientific community' for the theory of Intelligent Design.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 8:01 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
Sand wrote:
twoshots wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:
twoshots wrote:
really wonder about our education system. In fact the whole thing is bunk because the sun doesn't create light, it absorbs darkness.

Mmmmm this is a new one on me, so I decided to hunt for this and guess what NOTHING. Next you will be telling us that the speed of light does not exist, instead it is the speed of darkness absorption

This is a marvelous revelation of where you come from. It neatly characterizes you for future evaluation of your intellectual competence.

I came to the same conclusion Sand when I read his reply. It occurred to me that there is also support amongst the 'scientific community' for the theory of Intelligent Design.

Oh absolutely there is. As a matter of fact, every single thing that can't make it through peer review is being suppressed by a liberal conspiracy.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 8:07 pm

twoshots wrote:

IIRC, sometimes Gnostics identified Yahweh with Yaldaboath, who is *kind of* like the devil.[/quote]

To use a Tolkienesque analogy, according to the Gnostics, Yaweh is to the True God what Morgoth (Melkor) was to Eru Illuvatar. The Gnostics would have us believe that Yaweh is one of the True God's brain children gone mad and bad.

ruveyn

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 8:13 pm

Shadowgirl wrote:

No the prophets wrote it under Gods direction. The devil wants you to think God is bad but he isn't hes a good God and loves you and everyone.

So why would he instruct prophets to attribute such heinous actions to him with their writing?

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2009, 4:44 pm

Fuzzy wrote:
Shadowgirl wrote:

So why would he instruct prophets to attribute such heinous actions to him with their writing?

Can you rephrase that please?

Does God Exist? Here is proof he does.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/is ... 2godMANp2w

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2009, 11:33 pm

twoshots wrote:
Oh absolutely there is. As a matter of fact, every single thing that can't make it through peer review is being suppressed by a liberal conspiracy.

Finally! Someone said it!!