Page 9 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Did you pray that prayer at the bottom of this thread to God?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 85%  85%  [ 33 ]
I have already prayed and accepted Jesus into my Heart and life. 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Other 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 39

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2009, 11:33 pm

twoshots wrote:
Oh absolutely there is. As a matter of fact, every single thing that can't make it through peer review is being suppressed by a liberal conspiracy.

Finally! Someone said it!!

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2009, 3:04 am

twoshots wrote:
Oh absolutely there is. As a matter of fact, every single thing that can't make it through peer review is being suppressed by a liberal conspiracy.

It does not really surprise me that someone who believes this

Has issues with Peer Review

AG I do not understand the meaning of your last post?

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Dee_
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2009, 3:51 am

Asking Jesus into your heart with a prayer as such after reading the 'roman road ' verses... and believing that will save you is a heresay, is not in the Scriptures and will damn you...

Check this out!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDFpiLOX6Bs&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIM1k1ty_qU&feature=related[/youtube]

Shadowgirl wrote:
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will confess to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, accept Him as Lord and Savior and believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead you will be saved.

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

Joh 1:12 Joh 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name”

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus and asking Him to forgive you for your sins and save you. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

Do you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins? Are you willing to turn from your sins to Jesus Christ for Salvation?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior please pray this prayer to God from your heart:

"Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that YOU died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, take me to heaven when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you prayed that prayer from your heart to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

Watch this video and open your eyes if you still don't believe.
http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?vi ... a94dee337e

Dee_
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2009, 3:54 am

How do we know we are saved?
Is it because we believe?
How do we know that we believe?

Knowing in our heart that we are saved, how can we really trust a heart that can be wicked according to the Bible?

Jeremiah 17:9, 10 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Examine ourselves, taking the word of God and with the word of God, what it says about a true believer. If we fall short of the test, repent…

Evidence is that we are sensitive to the sins in our lives and we will be led to repentance and confession of that sin. A relationship with God is also an awareness of sin in our lives…

Do we tremble at His word or look for loopholes around it?

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Jude 1:18, 19 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Are we in the Word and is God pointing out our sins?

We have assurance that we have come to know Him, not just because of one time we repented, but we are continuing to repent today.
And it is not just at one time we believed, but that we are continuing to believe today.
And it is not just that one time we walked with Him, we continue to walk with him today.

We should not be entrapped or enslaved to the things of this present evil age, but we are set free to seek God in His glory and follow Him, and follow hard after Him.

How do we know that we believe?

P.S., I am not a baptist,
p.s.s., I am fine, no one needs to agree with what I said. I have nothign to argue, no need to change anyones mind or such... simply using what I know about this stuff, in response to the original poster.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2009, 11:00 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
AG I do not understand the meaning of your last post?

I am joking. Implicitly claiming that peer review is controlled by the liberal conspiracy, and happy that twoshots was brave enough to say it.

JameAlec
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 May 2009, 11:28 am

Shadowgirl wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
and what do you think your success rate will be here

I have had some success here actually.
And yet six days later, not a single person has selected "yes" on the poll at the time I'm posting this.

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2009, 12:48 pm

See, this is what makes Christianity such an intolerant religion. We Jews think that not only anyone who is good, but anyone who is sorry for all the wrong they have done in life can have a good afterlife. Christians think you can only go to heaven if you're a Christian too.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

18 May 2009, 1:12 pm

RockDrummer616 wrote:
See, this is what makes Christianity such an intolerant religion. We Jews think that not only anyone who is good, but anyone who is sorry for all the wrong they have done in life can have a good afterlife. Christians think you can only go to heaven if you're a Christian too.

RockDrummer616, as a Jew, would you mind giving me your take on a couple of things, please? (If you have one in this instance. I mean, you're coming across as someone fairly knowledgeable about your own faith, so I figured I'd ask.)

One is, what's the Jewish view on 'Original Sin' - do you know if such a concept even exists in Judaism, and if so, is it different from the Christian version? (I'd heard something like the latter, but I've no doubt there are different opinions.)

The other is, what about Hell? I have a fair idea that the term Sheol probably didn't mean what Christians mean by 'Hell', and I'd read that at least according to some scholars, Gehinnom didn't either, but I'd like to know if you know anything on that.

normally_impaired
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2009, 1:25 pm

The fatal flaw in Christianity is that no Christian believes that there's any chance that they themselves are going to Hell. If you believe that really all you have to do to get into Heaven is to believe, then you're not going to believe that you have any chance of going to Hell. Sure Christians believe that other people are going to hell, but I've even heard from preists that even a convicted murderous rapist will get into Heaven if he believes in Jesus and confesses his sins, so therefore the standards for getting into Heaven are pretty low.

I have yet to meet at least one devout Christian who actually believes there is even the slightest chance of them going to Hell, and I don't think I ever will, since as I've been told that "anyone who believes in Christ will be forgiven" which would therefore mean that "all Christians will go to Heaven". The flaw is that this drives people to believe that no matter what they do in life, they will still be rewarded in the end.

As an Atheist, I have no such reward, everything is what it is, and this right now is the only life I'll ever get. Once I die, that's it, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Since right now is the only life I'll ever have, I'm not going to waste it worrying about pleasing a god who forgives rapists. I have nothing to protect me except for my brain. I'm not going to die in a volcano, not because God will save me if I fall in, but because I'm smart enough not to go near one in the first place. I do not believe that there is any kind of a force greater than me that can protect me, it's up to me to stay alive, and so far I seem to be doing that quite well. My bones and all of my organs have a breaking point where they can't handle any more physical stress and will break just like any material. The key to survival isn't to beg for it, it's to make sure that my bones never have to carry a load which they can't physically handle. If I'm stuck in front of a steam roller and there's no possible escape, then I'm gonna be crushed, the only chance I have is that the engine fails, and even then it will be because of a flaw in the engine's design or maintenance.

McTell
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2009, 1:34 pm

normally_impaired wrote:
The fatal flaw in Christianity is that no Christian believes that there's any chance that they themselves are going to Hell.

You've never heard a true 'fire, brimstone and hellhounds' sermon then, have you?

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2009, 1:34 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
twoshots wrote:

It does not really surprise me that someone who believes this

Has issues with Peer Review

However, it really does surprise me that you are making a comment about how different beliefs twoshots may or may not hold associate with his character when you clearly have not read any posts he have ever made here. :cyclopsani:

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2009, 10:32 am

This article seems to indicate that getting to Heaven is the worst thing that can happen to you. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 111402.htm

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2009, 11:04 am

ThatRedHairedGrrl wrote:
RockDrummer616 wrote:

RockDrummer616, as a Jew, would you mind giving me your take on a couple of things, please? (If you have one in this instance. I mean, you're coming across as someone fairly knowledgeable about your own faith, so I figured I'd ask.)

One is, what's the Jewish view on 'Original Sin' - do you know if such a concept even exists in Judaism, and if so, is it different from the Christian version? (I'd heard something like the latter, but I've no doubt there are different opinions.)

The other is, what about Hell? I have a fair idea that the term Sheol probably didn't mean what Christians mean by 'Hell', and I'd read that at least according to some scholars, Gehinnom didn't either, but I'd like to know if you know anything on that.

Here's my take on these:

In Judaism, we don't believe in sin at all. The word normally translated as "sin" actually has a meaning closer to "mistake." All of these mistakes can be fixed by acknowledging them, asking for forgiveness from whoever it was done to, and doing whatever you can to help make things better.

From what I've heard, Hell is like a purification chamber after death. Its association with fire was due to the tradition of burning an offering to purify it before it was sacrificed. You would remain there until you were pure enough to move on and someone has said a mourner's prayer for you.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

19 May 2009, 12:58 pm

RockDrummer616 wrote:
ThatRedHairedGrrl wrote:
RockDrummer616 wrote:

Here's my take on these:

In Judaism, we don't believe in sin at all. The word normally translated as "sin" actually has a meaning closer to "mistake." All of these mistakes can be fixed by acknowledging them, asking for forgiveness from whoever it was done to, and doing whatever you can to help make things better.

From what I've heard, Hell is like a purification chamber after death. Its association with fire was due to the tradition of burning an offering to purify it before it was sacrificed. You would remain there until you were pure enough to move on and someone has said a mourner's prayer for you.

Thank you. Very interesting.

I just thought, bearing in mind Jesus was a Jew, that it's not very often that anyone asks what the Jewish opinion on these subjects actually is or was. Which seems to be missing a whole rather important angle on the subject.