Page 1 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Did you pray that prayer at the bottom of this thread to God?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 85%  85%  [ 33 ]
I have already prayed and accepted Jesus into my Heart and life. 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Other 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 39

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 May 2009, 3:13 pm

ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will confess to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, accept Him as Lord and Savior and believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead you will be saved.

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

Joh 1:12 Joh 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name”

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus and asking Him to forgive you for your sins and save you. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

Do you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins? Are you willing to turn from your sins to Jesus Christ for Salvation?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior please pray this prayer to God from your heart:

"Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that YOU died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, take me to heaven when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you prayed that prayer from your heart to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

Watch this video and open your eyes if you still don't believe.
http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?vi ... a94dee337e

Does God Exist? Here is proof he does.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/is ... 2godMANp2w

Last edited by Shadowgirl on 15 May 2009, 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2009, 3:24 pm

no, i disagree.

i see no evidence for heaven, and i dont see how ill "go" anywhere after im dead.

even if i was religious, i'd trust gods omnipotency to detect wether or not im worthy, by checking the core of my soul out, regardless of how often, where or what i pray.

JameAlec
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 May 2009, 3:27 pm

I've done that in the past, when I was Christian. I no longer consider myself such. And yet according to what you just posted, I get a free ride to heaven. Nice.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2009, 3:37 pm

Well there went my nephew into hell... :roll:

Seriously....this is getting old.

MattShizzle
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2009, 3:38 pm

No, I'm an atheist and consider the Buybull less factual than MAD magazine - I also seriously doubt Jesus Christ ever existed as the entire story was copied from earlier myths such as Mithra, Tammuz and Dionysus. Watch the movie "The God Who Wasn't There."

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2009, 4:51 pm

@ shadowgirl, how old do you believe the earth to be and how did humanity come into being. Just curious for your thoughts?

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2009, 4:55 pm

MattShizzle wrote:
No, I'm an atheist and consider the Buybull less factual than MAD magazine - I also seriously doubt Jesus Christ ever existed as the entire story was copied from earlier myths such as Mithra, Tammuz and Dionysus. Watch the movie "The God Who Wasn't There."

hi-5's you

seriously...
i respect most opinions, even religious ones, but i have a hard time finding fellows who consider jesus to be a myth. there is this sense of ultimate taboo, for even science to question jesus as a "historical person"

for example national geographic systematically presents him as a provable person, and sinks as far as to interview NUNS as to present evidence for this...

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2009, 5:01 pm

There are rather a lot of people on the internet who doubt the existence of Jesus. Intriguingly, there are rather few historians who think the same. The internet being a bastion of scholarship and intellectual discipline, we must only conclude that historians are in error.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2009, 5:03 pm

twoshots wrote:
There are rather a lot of people on the internet who doubt the existence of Jesus. Intriguingly, there are rather few historians who think the same. The internet being a bastion of scholarship and intellectual discipline, we must only conclude that historians are in error.

i sense sarcasm, but im not sure.
are you implying that jesus must be historical, since historians are more-often-than-not christians?

otherwise, i would aggree. historians are in error, theyre sellouts to organized religion, and traitors to their profession.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2009, 5:18 pm

I find it fascinating how people interpret a complex, contradictory text like the Bible.

Consider these two sets of passages about the role of Jesus as judge of humanity:

John 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.
2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ.

John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
John 8:15: "You [Jews/Pharisees] judge by human standards; I pass judgement on no one."

So clearly, Jesus is the judge AND is not the judge. Take your pick.

I think all the doctrines about the need for being born again contradict other passages that are more intuitive and universal:

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you….”

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.”

“Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?” “Keep the commandments.” Which?? “Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.”

And the man said to Jesus, "All these things have I kept from my youth up: what is it that I lack yet?” “If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven…. It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.”

Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." (Please note that righteousness is not a concept unique to Christianity, and has nothing to do with believing certain doctrines claiming to be saved. Anyone who works for justice and speaks truth and is persecuted as a result is on track to heaven, according to the Bible).

Last edited by monty on 12 May 2009, 5:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 May 2009, 5:25 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
@ shadowgirl, how old do you believe the earth to be and how did humanity come into being. Just curious for your thoughts?

I don't know about the earths age nor could any guess I make come close because Gods timelines are different from ours.

God created the earth from nothing created the animals first and made us from dust of the earth. So we are a separate species in that respect.
God did it all.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2009, 5:38 pm

Shadowgirl wrote:
God created the earth from nothing created the animals first and made us from dust of the earth. So we are a separate species in that respect.

Metaphorically, sure. Literally? No. Our DNA indicates that we are related to chimps and bonobos, and that we share common ancestors.

((Why is it that people that absolutely refuse to believe in evolution have no problem at all with the idea that we descended from dust?))

Last edited by monty on 12 May 2009, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MattShizzle
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2009, 5:38 pm

Do you believe in a Flying Spaghetti Monster?

http://www.venganza.org/

Last edited by MattShizzle on 12 May 2009, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2009, 5:42 pm

twoshots wrote:

Do you mean that there was a man named Jesus in the middle east? Yeah, it is sort of funny how many people try to say that such a person didn't exist.

Do you mean the fact that a lot of people who research this issue believe the resurrection occurred? That one is more complex, and I suppose you probably meant the former as a number of atheists believe that Jesus probably existed, they just do not believe in the supernatural occurrences tied to him.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 May 2009, 5:43 pm

how in the world did we sin by eating an apple? because god told us not to? so he would doom the entire species on that one action? please.
the apple/sin thingy is a metaphor of something people of the bible didnt understand.
of course man was being visited by people from the heavens, there called aliens! hello!

i think man was created and men believed that his creator was god. infact, man is a loyal creature. and will believe almost anything. this is apparent even today

Last edited by richardbenson on 12 May 2009, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 May 2009, 5:44 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
twoshots wrote:

Do you mean that there was a man named Jesus in the middle east? Yeah, it is sort of funny how many people try to say that such a person didn't exist.

Do you mean the fact that a lot of people who research this issue believe the resurrection occurred? That one is more complex, and I suppose you probably meant the former as a number of atheists believe that Jesus probably existed, they just do not believe in the supernatural occurrences tied to him.

In reality there is more evidence of Jesus then you might know of. flip on the History channel.