Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 8:11 pm

Me im extremely obsessed with Wrll. But its more about being able to Wrll anything not about collections. Like a year ago I could watch any video and tried to watch some sick stuff. I am just wondering how obsessed with your special interest is. Like have you collected 1000 dinosaurs or do you only own books about law. Also what is your special interest.

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 10:18 pm

I don't have a special interest. I've had interests, but nothing too obsessive.

mikehart18
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 May 2009, 11:19 pm

thewrll wrote:
Me im extremely obsessed with Wrll. But its more about being able to Wrll anything not about collections. Like a year ago I could watch any video and tried to watch some sick stuff. I am just wondering how obsessed with your special interest is. Like have you collected 1000 dinosaurs or do you only own books about law. Also what is your special interest.
Wrll?

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 11:20 pm

I go on computer programming "binges." I get something in my head that I need to code (often for work), and I will eat, sleep, breathe, and otherwise excrete it until it's done.

obnoxiously-me
Raven
Raven

14 May 2009, 3:48 am

fiddlerpianist wrote:
I go on computer programming "binges." I get something in my head that I need to code (often for work), and I will eat, sleep, breathe, and otherwise excrete it until it's done.

I bet your bosses/clients love you, then.

I know I obsess, but usually it's benefiting me -> I get stuff done & learn new things and so on.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 6:12 am

pretty damn obsessive, i still scribble down quotes from films etc.. & lots of little obsessions, like Fudo. :)

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 7:12 am

obnoxiously-me wrote:
fiddlerpianist wrote:

I bet your bosses/clients love you, then.

I know I obsess, but usually it's benefiting me -> I get stuff done & learn new things and so on.

They love me when it's work related binges, at least...

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 9:06 am

Wrll watch, listen, look, read

footprint
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 May 2009, 3:19 pm

fiddlerpianist wrote:

I know this feeling to well, if i dont have work things keeping me occupied (mainly data storage related) it tends to be one of the following in this order; Constructions cranes, ive built built 10+ working models in lego (some 6meters high) and collected over 8GB of pictures and reference material, Battlefield 2, an online FPS 600+hrs, or Lego, ive amassed quite a strange collection but i have to have it all sorted in my own way.
Its good knowing why I get like this, in the past its been lizards (this is making a comeback for me) earthmoving equipment and bike parts. Its kind of a blessing is disguise i like learning new things i just wish I wasnt so hardcore obsessed at times.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 3:35 pm

thewrll wrote:

Everyone does this every day, 24/7 (watching our dreams?)... then doesn't that mean that we're all obsessed with it?

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 3:43 pm

MathGirl wrote:
thewrll wrote:

Everyone does this every day, 24/7 (watching our dreams?)... then doesn't that mean that we're all obsessed with it?

And wouldn't it be wllr?

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 4:08 pm

Fudo wrote:
, i still scribble down quotes from films etc..

this. Oh, I'm trying to put all this info together in a massive sci-fi epic. Combining the internet and science fiction. :mrgreen:

it's not cyberpunk, it's space opera based off the internet :D

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

14 May 2009, 5:36 pm

i guess im mildy obsessed. i can still live on my own wich i will be doing tomorrow, and pay my rents and feed myself without letting my obsessions get totally in the way. im still obsessed with fire agates and their tremendous beauty though

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 8:10 pm

The obsession is being able to try to wrll anything. And we are talking about videos, text, audio, and pictures.

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 8:38 pm

I'm obsessed with my appearance and the idea of eternal youth and immortality. I want to be something better than a mere human. My obsession is the dehumanization of myself.

I can't accept aging. I want to be an immortal energy being with the ability to travel through time and space as well as the ability to take on physical form. In the human world I would look like an extremely beautiful and androgynous 14 year old boy with perfect proportions.
In fiction there are a lot of these watchers and guardians and stuff, messengers of God, angels or whatever. I want to be just like that. I live every day denying my humanity and seeking a deeper spiritual meaning in life while maintaining perfect hygiene and diet in order to avoid defiling myself with human filth.

MarchViolets
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 May 2009, 8:56 pm

For an unknown reason, since I was a young child I have had an obsession with hamsters. It sounds cute, but an obsession to the point where people would go "*yawn* she's off about hamsters AGAIN" and avoid talking to me. The interest died down for a couple of years, probably due to shame (it's not normal to be a teenager more interested in hamsters than any other aspect of life :lol:) but it's flared up again now. This time I look at it positively and keep it mainly to myself. Being simplistic about it, it's a good mental blip to have because whenever I'm feeling depressed I just go online and look at hamster cages, etc. :)