Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

reginaterrae
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 10:18 am

OK, look forward to hearing how it goes.

R

vivinator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2009, 10:25 pm

so I went to the meeting today. arrived about a half hr late after they were talking about plans this summer. we were supposed to bring favorite songs on cd's. some people did. I hadd to introduce myself but I was asked if I wanted to say anything besides my name. said no. a mixture of embarrassment and just not knowing what to say. couldn've said where i was from . was introduced to some people. stood around a little bit talking to nobody. had some ok conversations. wanted to get involved in one but didn't know how. overall I'd say it was enjoyable. seemed to range from HF to more stereotypical Autism but I'm hardly a good judge.
some people started playing WII on the large projection screen. the speakers weren't over them so they put it up really loud. lol someone could have run out of the room. the boombox was put up front. some dancy songs were played and a few danced but mosst didn't played my song by nada surf. not much appreciation and not sure if anyone knew who they were. couple people were looking through my cd book. didn't know who anyone was. apparently they don't listen to indie /not on top 40 lst music. not good enough for my hipsterish tastes lol. someone said the older meetngs were more structured. anyway overall i'd say it was decent. i'll be going again in. I believe the next one is in a few weeks.

-HL Mencken

-as of now official dx is ADHD (inattentive type) but said ADD (314.00) on the dx paper, PDD-NOS and was told looks like I have NLD

reginaterrae
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 5:51 am

Sounds chaotic, LOL. Glad you enjoyed it! Can't say I've ever heard of Nada Surf ... but I've got a pretty unique record collection myself. A lot of old rock music from Argentina LOL

vivinator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 May 2009, 8:57 am

reginaterrae wrote:
Sounds chaotic, LOL. Glad you enjoyed it! Can't say I've ever heard of Nada Surf ... but I've got a pretty unique record collection myself. A lot of old rock music from Argentina LOL

yeah rock music from Argentina. probably way more eclectic than what I have. I'd call a lot of what I have semi-popular.

yup, a bit chaotic.

Nada Surf had a hit song in the 90's called popular. here is what it says in wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nada_Surf
uring the summer of 1996, as Nada Surf toured the United States with Superdrag, their song "Popular" became a summer anthem, and the band toured overseas.

they seem to be more popular in Europe.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8fy1_ ... ular_music

their other singles I've heard don't sound like popular.

the song I played yesterday: sounds much more like a song a band called nada surf would play. you could drive on PCH in California by Malibu playing this :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPTPLpTzYEk

-HL Mencken

-as of now official dx is ADHD (inattentive type) but said ADD (314.00) on the dx paper, PDD-NOS and was told looks like I have NLD

Last edited by vivinator on 27 May 2009, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

vivinator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 May 2009, 9:02 am

starygrrl wrote:
Just so everybody knows, I work in DC, I have live and still live in Northern Virginia and DC.

I have Semantic-Pragmatic Disorder and Nonverbal Learning Disorder. I have had Psych folks confirm this would be designated PDD-NOS in terms of how I manifest.

did you say on another thread you were dx'd with NLD at age 7? wow that'd be around '86.

-HL Mencken

vivinator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2009, 10:12 pm

any news on the diagnosis?

-HL Mencken

reginaterrae
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2009, 6:51 am

Me? No..... I haven't had another full session with the shrink yet, just met for a few minutes to get a script and have checked in by email since then.

Regina

vivinator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jun 2009, 11:09 am

any news on the diagnosis?

-HL Mencken

DieMenschMaschine
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jun 2009, 5:01 pm

Humanim

I no live in Columbia no more. I no be able to afford the price of living in America and I lost a bunch of money in stock and market. I had to leave and move back home. I used to send one of my children to Humanim before I moved back.

vivinator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2009, 8:49 am

DieMenschMaschine wrote:
Humanim

I no live in Columbia no more. I no be able to afford the price of living in America and I lost a bunch of money in stock and market. I had to leave and move back home. I used to send one of my children to Humanim before I moved back.

what about humanim?
where is home?

-HL Mencken

DieMenschMaschine
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jun 2009, 6:32 pm

Humanim is near Oakland Mills by Brokenland road in Columbia. I use to live Columbia but not any longer. Me ex wife and children still lives in that area. I use send my children to Humanim because one has a scizophrenia and asperger and bad depression. The other has asperger and depression. They help with young people and mental emotional problem.

I have asperger and depression. My ex wife no have any mental emotional problem. My oldest child has dual citizenship because he was born in Germany but my ex wife have him. My home now is Germany it used to be Columbia, Maryland when I was married to me ex wife. I lost a lot of money in stock and market and lost me wife. I had to move back to Germany after me ex wife divorce me. She got custody and has me children.