Page 6 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jordan87
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Dec 2010, 7:34 am

I don't lend the idea of gender much credence to myself, subjectively. I feel as if the whole idea of what men and women "are", determined culturally, are more or less illegitimate extrapolations from legitimate psychological and even sexual differences (For example, women are by and large physically weaker. That's a sexual fact, because their inferior strength are not culturally derived, unverifiable, unfalsifiable "Facts" pertaining to the ultimate nature of the sexes. Therefore, the men, by and large, extend this to it's "Logical" end, designating themselves as the provider for their families, never once considering variables such as the possibility of the womens' superior or equal psychological strength and drive to serve that same role, which may inspire her to, given the chance, excel at certain tasks, despite being less strong physically.) which are wholly unnecessary. I'm comfortable with my sex, but what I am characteristically is what I am as an individual human being, not as a member of either supposed gender. It's much simpler and sensible to label myself in that respect than it is to lay out my individual characteristics and say I'm more "Masculine" or "Feminine". I suppose I could say I'm androgynous, but that'd be saying I'm unidentifiable as either a member of the male gender or the female one and again, those for me are unnecessary assumptions which I don't feel I need to assume the existence of (Unlike murder being wrong). Therefore, why should I, again?

Also, I'm straight. One unorthodox thing you could say about my views on sexual relationships is that I believe in Polyamory/Open relationships from a philosophical standpoint. That doesn't mean I'll necessary enter one; just that I am certainly open to the concept of entering one or having a partner in one, so long as there is mutual consent on both ends to do so. As long as everybody's honest and responsible adults and nobody's sneaking behind anybody's back, I fail to see the "Immorality" inherent in such an arrangement.

kfisherx
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 9:45 am

Gender neutural here. Have always been a 14 year old boy at heart and always will be. Have only had straight relationships but am now single and intend to stay that way for the rest of my life...

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 10:18 am

I am a gay female (don't like the L word) and a demisexual.

Needless to say never had any relationships or sex or anything!

I think there is more likelihood for an Aspie to "test the waters" so to speak, regarding sexuality, than maybe an NT.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 10:20 am

Kiseki wrote:
demisexual.

????

What is this?

Maje
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 12:56 pm

I am just no typical girl. As a child, when my friends were playing with barbie dolls, I choosed to play with the barbie horse and be the monster which would come out and destroy the barbie houses etc. at night.
If I put on very feminine clothes I sometimes can look like a transvestite when walking (this is a little exaggerated).
Its like I dont value gender as much as normal people; Im a person.
Sometimes I like to be more feminine than other times, and the differense is big, so people are used to be surprised that I change my style.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 1:14 pm

Maje wrote:
I am just no typical girl. As a child, when my friends were playing with barbie dolls, I choosed to play with the barbie horse and be the monster which would come out and destroy the barbie houses etc. at night.
If I put on very feminine clothes I sometimes can look like a transvestite when walking (this is a little exaggerated).
Its like I dont value gender as much as normal people; Im a person.
Sometimes I like to be more feminine than other times, and the differense is big, so people are used to be surprised that I change my style.

Sounds like you are more asexual than gay. Not that labels are what make the person. I've never heard the term demi-sexual before. Is this a word you invented? It's an interesting word.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 5:15 pm

Late to the party.

Me:

Asexual/aromantic.

Gender neutral.

I am not a seriel killer.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 10:16 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Kiseki wrote:
demisexual.

????

What is this?

It means you only become sexually attracted to people you are emotionally attracted to.

duck
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Dec 2010, 5:52 am

i essentially feel gender neutral...

as for sexuality, i'm not interested in engaging with other people sexually, but as a third party i'd get aroused. i'm perfectly satisfied with autoeroticism and i don't need a partner to be sexually satiated. i'm "physically attracted" to men--particularly somewhat feminine men--but not in a sexual way, with the exception of the genitals. but i wouldn't ever touch, just look, and be totally satisfied.

i don't "date" and the idea of exclusive romantic relationships is silly.

necroluciferia
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Dec 2010, 3:28 pm

Biological female - I consider myself to be 70% male, 30 % female although I have no desire to have a sex change.

I am physically only attracted to females, although can be in good relationships with men without having any particular need to have sex with women.