Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 9:59 pm

I am curious to see how many here are feminist. Anyone care to share? I would call myself feminist, and people often pick up on that pretty quickly when I am on chatrooms online, based on the number of times I have been asked if I am or not. I'm sorry, the woman's place is not the kitchen, it is wherever she decides she wans to be at that particular moment. Can't accept it, don't get a girlfriend. Its that simple. But yet some men just don't get it. And I will be honest, that's another thing that weirds me out, when I am spending time around guys pretending to be one of them, and then they get on the topic of what they think women should be for them... Common thigns that come up: kitchen, cleaning, sex. I know not everyone is like this, but honestly, its disturbing to hear people talking about how they believe that is what we should be for them. Worst part is I am living as a guy right now, and so there isn't much more I can do than nod and ignore them, but in my head I just want to yell at them for it.All I can do is hope my boyfriends and future husband aren't going to be like that, I'd leave pretty damn quick, especially since my sensory issues my the kitchen nearly impossible, and cleaning difficult, and sex, although I am interested, almost unbearable.

Again, this is one of those things I will never understand about men.

Brusilov
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2009, 10:23 pm

I am male; I am a conservative and I consider myself to be both reactionary and chauvinist. However, I can't understand the mentality of wanting to keep a woman in the kitchen or wanting a "trophy girl." It would/does get very irritating to me to have a female partner there only to cook dinner and clean. If I wanted that, I would just live with my mom. I would rather have my girlfriend or wife out there working and doing what she really wants to do with here life.

Conversely, who out there says that a man's place has to be in the workforce. Some men aren't cut out do work or do anything besides a modicum of household chores.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 7:03 pm

A woman's place is out in the world kicking ass. :)

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 7:37 pm

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:

As I said earlier, a woman's place is wherever she wants to be. And in a lot of professions, a woman in that profession is much more capable than a man, simply because she had to work harder to get there. And that to me is what feminism is about, being who you were meant to be, regardless of what society says you should be.

aspieguy101
Raven
Raven

13 Jun 2009, 12:04 pm

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:

:roll:

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 12:22 pm

I have known some pretty awful assholish guys who have repeatedly called themselves feminists....They were exploitive and deceitful and basically used the term to bed cute lill' activist girls and whatnots.

That experience made me not understand what the term "feminist" means.

Can you be a feminist if you are a male who lies to and uses women?

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 12:40 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:

No. A male feminist is someone who believes in the fundamental right that women can and should be whoever they choose to be. Anyone trying to take advantage of a female is clearly not a feminist, as that goes against the core principle of being who ou desire to be.

Edit: instead of lying, a mael feminist would back the female, and support her in what she wwnated to do.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 1:07 pm

Padium wrote:
poopylungstuffing wrote:

No. A male feminist is someone who believes in the fundamental right that women can and should be whoever they choose to be. Anyone trying to take advantage of a female is clearly not a feminist, as that goes against the core principle of being who ou desire to be.

Edit: instead of lying, a mael feminist would back the female, and support her in what she wwnated to do.

But couldn't you have those beliefs and still choose to treat women badly....?

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 1:10 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
Padium wrote:
poopylungstuffing wrote:

But couldn't you have those beliefs and still choose to treat women badly....?

The law of non-contradiction states you can't, and it is believed to apply universally. We have a word for people like that, they are called hypocrites.