I want my Asperger's obsession to be over!! !

Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 3:14 pm

SammichEater wrote:
I've been obsessed with AS since March 4th of this year. I always thought I had a boring life. Everybody has their own personal stories of major events that happen in their lifetime. Some people find out they're gay, or they're adopted, or their parents are evil sith lords.

I guess having evil sith lords for parents would make one stand out from the crowd a bit...... :lol:

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

28 May 2011, 8:42 pm

Before you know it, this obsession will end, and another will begin.

Rhiannon0828
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2011, 10:23 am

I'm so relieved! That may sound strange, but I was really feeling like I was the only one who's special interest was AS itself and I was thinking " how weird is that"... While I've been excruciatingly aware of how different I am from most people for my entire life, the explanation of AS is still relatively new to me, and whenever I find that another piece fits, it's so great to know that I am not totally alone in a world full of strangers. I will be kind of glad when this interest mellows out a little, though. It gets in my way a bit; I'm not taking care of other things the way I should. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to handle your interests so that they do not cause problems with doing other things you need to do?

LCSL
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2011, 9:45 pm

Rhiannon0828 wrote:
I'm so relieved! That may sound strange, but I was really feeling like I was the only one who's special interest was AS itself and I was thinking " how weird is that"... While I've been excruciatingly aware of how different I am from most people for my entire life, the explanation of AS is still relatively new to me, and whenever I find that another piece fits, it's so great to know that I am not totally alone in a world full of strangers. I will be kind of glad when this interest mellows out a little, though. It gets in my way a bit; I'm not taking care of other things the way I should. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to handle your interests so that they do not cause problems with doing other things you need to do?

I wonder that too, I'm currently so obsessed about AS and computers, the thing that saves me in school is that I always liked science and math logics so it's easy for me to do that stuff, but in no-exact classes like literature I'm pretty f**** up because I don't take my time to read nonsense useless stuff I really hate!

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 7:05 am

If you have a passion for something, do it.

Its sad that many NT's never know a passion.

They often rely on another person to fulfil their lives

arianwinnie
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Mar 2014, 12:43 am

dustintorch wrote:
Ever since I found out about Asperger's and realized I had it I've been completely obsessed. If I'm going to be obsessed with something why can't it be fun? Why can't I have an obsession with amusement parks or jigsaw puzzles? Is anyone else going through this? How do you change interests? Is it even possible?

I think we have the same problem. I cant help it though. I am going to change my job because of my obsession. Interest can be changed according to your experience. I used to be obsessed with English, so I am an English teacher. I am a non-native English speaker though. Then, I am sick and my interest and obsession have been changed. I will quit from my current job and study another degree about health science. I am supposed to study a PhD though, but I can't do it since I am not interested in English or linguistics anymore. I think I had been obsessed with English for 15 years. Now it's over and the new interest is overwhelmed me ha ha ha. Maybe, it will last for another 15 years. I don't know.

arianwinnie
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Mar 2014, 12:46 am

LCSL wrote:
Rhiannon0828 wrote:

I wonder that too, I'm currently so obsessed about AS and computers, the thing that saves me in school is that I always liked science and math logics so it's easy for me to do that stuff, but in no-exact classes like literature I'm pretty f**** up because I don't take my time to read nonsense useless stuff I really hate!

Agree, I think literature is boring. It is my minor in BA though. It almost killed me. Now I feel the same to my current job. Yuck!

arianwinnie
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Mar 2014, 12:51 am

TheBlueWarrior wrote:
I've tried switching obsessions. Didn't work out so well. Now instead of not being addicted to video games and being a car head, I'm still addicted to games and now stuck with a piece of crap car that can't run anymore. D:

Why don't you look for other obsession that could help you find a good job in the future too? Since you're obessed with video games, can you program a new video game?

KWifler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Mar 2014, 3:33 am

It's quite maddening that people use the results of my obsessions to explain to me that I am perfectly fine and that I should just "figure it out" when I have difficulties. I was obsessed about those things! They don't count!

I'm actually having an ongoing crisis of survival, and nobody believes me because of my (lifelong) obsession with being normal... It's doubtful that I'll ever be able to explain that one...

I agree, there seem to be major obsessions, minor obsessions, and then everything else which I happen to be completely uninterested about. Somehow I have to explain that I have little interest in brushing my teeth and bathing, while I have almost mastered the art of being polite and seeming friendly and social, and that my ability to pursue subjects that I have little interest in is extremely poor.

Maybe it's not even possible to explain such a thing to an NT...

Sherbert
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Mar 2014, 2:42 pm

I'm obsessed with Aspergers at the moment, but I'm just glad that it's a bit more of an educational obsession. I normally have obsessions with TV shows, which is annoying because I become so dependant on them, and get really sad when I remind myself that they don't actually exist :(