Search found 2840 matches
Search these results:

Author Message

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: Freedom of speech...freedom of thought...

Posted: 21 Mar 2018, 8:09 am 

Replies: 30
Views: 3,386


The UK is currently in the process of prosecuting a man for teaching a dog to do the Hitler salute. If these laws are so overreaching that they target what is essentially a prank, and involve the person in question in a multi-year legal battle over it, I'd say there's a problem. Guilty verdict toda...

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: 'progressive' left terminology intentionally inflammatory?

Posted: 20 Mar 2018, 12:38 pm 

Replies: 17
Views: 669


Nothing cited in the original post comes close, in offensiveness, to terms like "cuck", "liberal", "snowflake", or "FemiNazi". I disagree. The implication that you or I are complicit in a culture that supports (condones even, according to some) rape is an aff...

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: Why do you not like an Autistic political party?

Posted: 10 Mar 2018, 10:00 am 

Replies: 32
Views: 1,798


Tequila wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Which party would a gay, black, Jewish person with an autism spectrum disorder join?


That depends on what their philosophy is.


Missing the point of the question, and its intended target.

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: Why do you not like an Autistic political party?

Posted: 10 Mar 2018, 5:10 am 

Replies: 32
Views: 1,798


Why do most users on this site think an Autistic political party is a bad idea? Who are you addressing this question to? The title of the thread asks "why do you not like an Autistic political party?", and I'm inferring that you're addressing everyone on this forum as if we're a collectiv...

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: What if race wasn't fictional?

Posted: 10 Mar 2018, 5:02 am 

Replies: 94
Views: 2,814


DarthMetaKnight wrote:
What if race wasn't a social construct and it actually was real?


Social constructs don't exist?

Sweet. I can rob, murder and bribe my way to the top with impunity.

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: Europe is returning to Fascist ideology

Posted: 03 Mar 2018, 4:35 am 

Replies: 208
Views: 6,460


techstepgenr8tion wrote:
That would. Be an amphibology.


If we removed the comma, perhaps.

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: Europe is returning to Fascist ideology

Posted: 02 Mar 2018, 4:15 pm 

Replies: 208
Views: 6,460


Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Even if I work at it, I'll never be a genius.

Lamentable, but true......


Don't sell yourself short, man! :)


Why grammar is important.

If we move the comma one word to the left, it takes on a disturbing new meaning.

"Don't sell yourself, short man!"

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: Europe is returning to Fascist ideology

Posted: 27 Feb 2018, 2:14 pm 

Replies: 208
Views: 6,460


Not sure how that undermines my charge of hypocrisy. Because standing up to totalitarianism isn't totalitarian. They're not "standing up to totalitarianism", they're trying to enact their own, and doing so in direct opposition to will of the Polish electorate. If nothing else, you would t...

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: Europe is returning to Fascist ideology

Posted: 27 Feb 2018, 8:03 am 

Replies: 208
Views: 6,460


Poland is a totalitarian regime, or the EU would not react as they currently do. "Do as we demand, Poland, or we'll sanction you and remove your right to take part in votes". But it's the Poles who are being totalitarian? :roll: :roll: "Hey er we're just going to criminalise historia...

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: Europe is returning to Fascist ideology

Posted: 27 Feb 2018, 7:39 am 

Replies: 208
Views: 6,460


So are you going to drive all the Muslims out of the UK with conflict? It seems the most likely outcome. Firstly, this is your observation/speculation rather than something you are advocating... However... :mrgreen: Isn't America the land of the mutts? A great melting pot of different cultures whic...

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: Europe is returning to Fascist ideology

Posted: 26 Feb 2018, 11:52 am 

Replies: 208
Views: 6,460


thinkinginpictures wrote:
Poland is a totalitarian regime, or the EU would not react as they currently do.


"Do as we demand, Poland, or we'll sanction you and remove your right to take part in votes".

But it's the Poles who are being totalitarian? :roll:

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: Europe is returning to Fascist ideology

Posted: 24 Feb 2018, 8:53 pm 

Replies: 208
Views: 6,460


Right wing politics is gaining popularity in part due to the open border policy allowing mass refugee immigration... Wasn't this the main reason for Brexit? The main reason for 'Brexit' was Farage's tireless campaigning for two decades, culminating in a rise in popularity that scared the Tories int...

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: Repeal the Second Amendment

Posted: 23 Feb 2018, 9:03 pm 

Replies: 142
Views: 5,420


“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: Gender equality

 Post subject: Re: Gender equality
Posted: 21 Feb 2018, 5:49 am 

Replies: 158
Views: 4,211


Wolfram87 wrote:
Image


If anything, that horse isn't high enough!

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: Should we worry about racism towards white people?

Posted: 21 Feb 2018, 5:47 am 

Replies: 61
Views: 2,608


This will never happen because, even if non-whites become the majority in America, the ruling class will continue to be white. As demonstrated by the ethnic solidarity displayed by Clinton when she made the "basket of deplorables" remark. Addionally, America is moving towards racial equal...

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: Should we worry about racism towards white people?

Posted: 20 Feb 2018, 11:55 am 

Replies: 61
Views: 2,608


DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Well, people with lighter skin are less likely to be shot by the cops for no reason. That's a fact.


Citation needed. Especially regarding the underlined text.
Sort by:  
Page 1 of 178 [ Search found 2840 matches ]



Jump to: