Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 6:30 pm

When certain particles of matter fall into a blackhole, they become converted into the electromagnetic energy that made them per Albert Einstein’s Special Theory of Relativity. If it occurs before a certain region in the inner gravity field, some of this “light” can escape the grasp of the blackhole. What is emitted from this conversion is high energy x-rays and gammas. (Electrons give 511 KeV for reference.). They can undergo red shifting upon traveling through long distances in outer space.

For the first time, scientists have been able to measure this emission from the opposite side of a blackhole. Distortions in the magnetic fields around the blackhole act as a mirror to reflect them into a different direction than they were initially traveling. This process follows Albert Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity that was published over a hundred years ago. He truly was a man out of his time.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/astronomers- ... 27796.html

gwynfryn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 8:09 am

Or a man out of his mind? He was famously sloppy, making simple mistakes. I bought his book Relativity (English translation) and got as far as chapter 3 (I think) where he describes his train journey during a thunder storm. There he attributed an observational change to the speed of the train, when it was really due to a change of position. That may seem a nice distinction, but it’s of vital (or should that be fatal?) importance to the point he was trying to make. I stopped reading it at that point; Relativity Theory was flawed from its very inception!

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 11:13 am

gwynfryn wrote:
Or a man out of his mind? He was famously sloppy, making simple mistakes. I bought his book Relativity (English translation) and got as far as chapter 3 (I think) where he describes his train journey during a thunder storm. There he attributed an observational change to the speed of the train, when it was really due to a change of position. That may seem a nice distinction, but it’s of vital (or should that be fatal?) importance to the point he was trying to make. I stopped reading it at that point; Relativity Theory was flawed from its very inception!

If it is so flawed, why has his relativistic ideas been proven correct over and over again for more than a hundred years by those who have tried so hard to prove him wrong?