Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 9:22 pm

How do you know what year your iPad is from? I forgot. My iPad Pro case is broken, I need to buy a new one.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 12:57 pm

Look at the model number that's on the back of the case and put it into Google. You should be able to find out what version it is and choose a new case from this.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2021, 3:08 pm

You may need a magnifying glass to read the model number on the back. If you iPad is in a case it might be time consuming to take it out of the case so make sure you write it down when you find it. I wrote the model number or my phone on the case inside the battery compartment with a sharpy (indelible ink felt pen). Now all I have to do is take off the back battery door) which takes no tools. I used to have to remove the battery too.
Sometimes you can find the model number burred on the "Setup" or "Control Panel" screens so you won't need a magnifying glass or need to take the case off. Search the internet for "model number" and "ipad" there are many pages that describe the exact steps.