Help does anyone know what's happened to outlook

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2022, 11:45 pm

I have an outlook email account that I rely on for important emails but my account keeps going weird. The junk mail option has literally disappeared and that's where most of my email goes to. I don't mean the junk mail in the junk mail section has disappeared as I'm aware that the junk mail messages automatically delete after several days - I mean the whole junk mail box has literally vanished so I can't find it anywhere to tap into. I can't have this happen as like I said I rely on this account to receive important emails. Google is useless as usual and so I don't know how else to solve this.

Please help.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2022, 4:22 am

Did you check the other folders to see if the Junk folder was accidentally moved into one of them?

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 4:05 am

If you're looking for an alternative Gmail is excellent.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 4:12 am

Joe90 wrote:
I have an outlook email account that I rely on for important emails but my account keeps going weird. The junk mail option has literally disappeared and that's where most of my email goes to. I don't mean the junk mail in the junk mail section has disappeared as I'm aware that the junk mail messages automatically delete after several days - I mean the whole junk mail box has literally vanished so I can't find it anywhere to tap into. I can't have this happen as like I said I rely on this account to receive important emails. Google is useless as usual and so I don't know how else to solve this.

Please help.

Have you rebooted your computer?

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

25 Apr 2022, 8:42 am

Joe90 wrote:

Please help.

Have you checked in Deleted folder? If theyre there they can be restored.

Usually, when Outlook emails have disappeared, it could be an issue of configuration in your settings, account inactivity, email rules set up on Outlook, and emails moved to a deleted folder.

How do I restore my junk folder in Outlook?
Recover Mail From the Junk Mail Folder in Outlook

Open the Junk Email folder in Outlook.
Open or highlight the email message you want to recover.
If the email is open in the Reading Pane or highlighted in the folder list, go to the Home tab (top bar). ...
In the Delete group, select Junk.
Select Not Junk.
https://www.lifewire.com/recovering-mail-outlook-junk-1165875

Could it be Junk mail was moved to the Delete group?

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

varikvalefor
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 May 2022, 11:58 pm

Rossall wrote:
If you're looking for an alternative Gmail is excellent.

[INSERT RETCHING HERE.]

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 12:15 pm

I've sorted out the issue but now whenever I first log into my email I have to go to junk first then go back to inbox to receive any new emails, otherwise they won't show up.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 2:07 pm

Outlook is trash, just switch to Gmail. You can forward your entire Outlook email to Gmail to make the switch easier. Gmail does a way better job of filtering everything compared to Outlook. Unless of course you enjoy spending all day sorting through junk mail on Outlook that is.

malco
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jul 2022, 6:10 pm

It seems to me that recent O.S. versions have tried to push people into using web-based email where it can more easily be monitored by the powers-that-be. Gmail for example. I suspect the NSA prodded Microsoft and others in the back to make their lives easier when trying to monitor people's activities online. I froze my main desktop at WinXP a long time ago. I prevented it from any further "updating". For one thing the machine couldn't handle the massive resources required by modern operating systems. And I wanted my machine to remain as it was, partly because I saw no reason to biff a perfectly good machine, no wish to change my email operated and mostly because I still use an old DOS-based printed circuit board design program (I hate the appearance of circuits generated by netlist-based design packages). I draw my circuit diagrams using PC Paint and a library of component symbols I developed. There is an excellent DOS virtual machine that is or was freely available (VIrtualPC) that runs far better than the native alternative provided as part of WIndows. I also didn't want to have to waste a heap of time reinstalling various microcontroller programming packages, transferring or re-downloading a bundle of device datasheets etc. etc. The machine also has a 5-1/4 inch floppy drive and a 3-1/2" drive, both of which have come in highly useful for transferring files from old disks. It also means I have a chain of legacy computing which recently came in highly useful for helping someone with older industrial legacy hardware. I do not like change. I will embrace the new where necessary (I am writing this note on a quad core laptop which I bought to allow me to continue watching YouTube videos without frequent holdups and interruptions. And portability for when I go on vacation. BTW the machine has not been targeted by so-called "hackers" or if it has, what ancient firewall programs and my eternal caution about what I do has saved it from harm. I say hackers in quotes because to me, real hackers were the people like me who used to design and build their own computers and program them in hex and assembly language. Sorry for all the off-topic stuff.