Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

oatwillie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jan 2006, 9:00 pm

I thought Wrong Planet was acurately portrayed as a good on-line community and beneficial clearinghouse of information. I thought Alex (the young man on the show) was quite charming with Doctor Phil, but the program only dealt primarily with one facet of AS, centered on episodes of anger, with their duration and intensity being the central issue.

I hope things work out well for Alex and his parents. They all three seem like really nice folks who deserve some peace and joy in their lives.

Sacred Cows make the tastiest hambuger.

visualize whirled peas

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2006, 11:26 pm

I agree - I watched that all ready to get angry and send off some scathing email to Dr. Phil - but I was impressed with the way he described AS as being a neurological problem that no amount of therapy is going to fix - having been subjected to a great deal of therapy myself, I really like that view . . .

I love your second quote at the end of your message - I just finished watching a wild raccoon eating out of my dry cat feeder - it was so cool! I can't fantom why people are afraid of them . . . :lol:

pad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2006, 2:53 pm

I haven't seen this particular show, but I heard not-so-cheerish-things in the general discussion forums.