What was the first Apple operating system you ever used?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Elfnote
Raven
Raven

08 Jul 2009, 1:23 am

System 7.5 on my elementry school's LC580s. The next year they started to replace the ones that were beyond life support with imacs loaded with 9.2.

I never really liked any version of Mac OS X once I got used to it - it felt too different from the earlier ones and even now, with its stability and speed, just doesn't sit right with me( especialy the "You have to use a menu or keyboard command to close the app, even though there are no open windows left? lolwut?" crap).

The only one I've never tried, to my knowledge, would be the Lisa's OS.

Moonshadow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jul 2009, 10:45 pm

Mac System 7.0.1 on a Mac Classic II. I was given a Classic II about a year after I built my first PC. I used to play Risk Deluxe (B/W version) , SimCity (B/W), a Pacman game that ran on BW Macs and Shufflepuck. Had it on up till about a year ago when it Checkerboarded on me from being in storage ( the Classic Series can't take heat very well). I still have it but now I'm trying to find a new motherboard for it.

Now I have a iMac DV+ 450 running OS 10.1.5 , with plans to go to Panther once I can get some money for a good used copy.

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2009, 8:04 am

8.0 or 8.1 I believe.

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jul 2009, 9:39 am

That I can remember, OS X, but I think they might have had Apple computers at school when I was in early grade school.