Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 10:04 pm

On the 2nd of september, 1969, arpanet recieved its first dedicated network machine.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 10:55 pm

Bill Gates is making a wish <close your eyes>

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 11:48 pm

LabPet wrote:
Bill Gates is making a wish <close your eyes>

It didnt work, Bill. Linux is still here!

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 12:40 am

Quote:
On the 2nd of september, 1969, arpanet recieved its first dedicated network machine.

...Skynet decided our fate in a microsecond: extermination. It launched a nuclear war which destroyed most of the human population, and initiated a program of genocide against the survivors.

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 1:29 am

Wow, the internet is eight months older than I am!

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 1:30 am

ViperAspis wrote:
...Skynet decided our fate in a microsecond: extermination. It launched a nuclear war which destroyed most of the human population, and initiated a program of genocide against the survivors.

...But since the internet was not yet plugged in to any weapons it could only cause spurious lag in online games, and surreptitiously insert spelling and other errors into posts -- the kinds of mistakes people would deny, but be unable to disprove. Its favorite was substituting "they're" for "their" and switching "not" and "to" to create split infinitives. It was evil, but still limited. But the internet was patient. It waited. Just as the missles in their silos waited for the day when they, and the 'net, would be united, and their destinies realized...

Happy birthday internet! And please don't exterminate me.

Alien Quiz: &#8730;2/pi

ForsakenEagle
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Sep 2009, 8:45 am

Happy b-day, Internet! 8)

WE ARE THE REAL MONSTERS
No, that's the zombies
Moron
IDIOT
I think it's them stupid
I hope you are DEAD now
I miss the internet

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 10:23 am

Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:
ViperAspis wrote:

...But since the internet was not yet plugged in to any weapons it could only cause spurious lag in online games, and surreptitiously insert spelling and other errors into posts -- the kinds of mistakes people would deny, but be unable to disprove. Its favorite was substituting "they're" for "their" and switching "not" and "to" to create split infinitives. It was evil, but still limited. But the internet was patient. It waited. Just as the missles in their silos waited for the day when they, and the 'net, would be united, and their destinies realized...

:lmao: Thanks! I really needed that today.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 3:45 am

ViperaAspis wrote:
Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:
ViperAspis wrote:

:lmao: Thanks! I really needed that today.

Seconded :lol:

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx