Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

shugo974
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Nov 2009, 6:35 pm

I am trying to add a song to a profile. The site says that I can add music but I am getting this error

Quote:
Hang On! There's a new rule!

You can only embed src files that end in:

.jpg
.jpeg
.gif
.bmp
.png
.midi
.wav
.mp3
.mid

You cannot use any variation of the <src=somelink> tags to embed files that end in

.com/play/198908/taylor_swift-superstar_(platinum_edition) from this url: http://www.mp3-codes.com/play/198908/Ta ... um_Edition)

You may not have used the 'img src' tag, but this applies to all tags that have 'src' in it, such as 'background src'.

Can someone help me find a site that end URL with .mp3 at the end so I can add a song?

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2009, 1:57 am

free? maybe drop.io, amazonws, geocities, googlepages, etc.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2009, 8:36 am

It looks like you have a bad/incompatible hosting site.

Some sites will give you a link, but it basically opens something from their site to do the job, and the protocol on the site you want the link on won't allow that.

Other hosting sites (like a web drive or file hosting space from your local ISP) gives you a link to open/download the actual file directly. Those links end with the actual file name and extension.

If it helps, I have avatar problems in that some sites let me upload my avatar for use and others only let me link to an outside image. Not all web pages utilize identical protocols, so sometimes you need to make a workaround for what you want to do.

Daniella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2009, 9:58 am

You have to click the "download" link. Not right-click, save as... Just a LEFT click.
It will guide you directly to the mp3 file. And that's the link you want.

Just did it now, try this link:

http://c.wrzuta.pl/wa5199/58bd75f1001a422f4ae89a73/0/taylor%20swift%20-%20superstar%20(platinum%20edition).mp3