Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

summersolstice
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 May 2015, 4:37 pm

sorry if this this forum is the wrong place for this but I don't know where to go for help I tried to play a game online that requires java and got this error message and have no idea what it means or what I have to do

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 6:16 pm

It means that you have to update your Java utility before you can play the online game.

summersolstice
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 May 2015, 6:41 am

For some reason I can't seem to update it, either the computer fails(an error message saying that) in some way or I'm doing it wrong. basically I don't know how to update it.

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2015, 8:12 am

summersolstice wrote:
For some reason I can't seem to update it, either the computer fails(an error message saying that) in some way or I'm doing it wrong. basically I don't know how to update it.

If you are using a browser other than Chrome and Java is corrupted causing install/uninstall problems,
then you should check out the video below:

As of version 42 Chrome no longer supports Java by default.

Quote:
Google announced in September 2013 plans to remove NPAPI support from Chrome by "the end of 2014", thus effectively dropping support for Silverlight, Java, Facebook Video and other similar NPAPI based plugins. Recently, Google has revised their plans and now state that they plan to completely remove NPAPI by late 2015. As it is unclear if these dates will be further extended or not, we strongly recommend Java users consider alternatives to Chrome as soon as possible. Instead, we recommend Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as longer-term options. As of April 2015, starting with Chrome Version 42, Google has added an additional step to configuring NPAPI based plugins like Java to run

summersolstice
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 May 2015, 9:08 am

I seem to have installed it, but now I have a different error message saying my security setting have blocked an untrusted application, so i tried putting the site on a list of exceptions in my security setting (something about add-ons) and that still hasn't solved it

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 May 2015, 12:55 pm

summersolstice wrote:
I seem to have installed it, but now I have a different error message saying my security setting have blocked an untrusted application, so i tried putting the site on a list of exceptions in my security setting (something about add-ons) and that still hasn't solved it

Sounds like Firefox security settings.

It's the security settings in the java control panel that need to be changed.

See here