Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 11:13 pm

This is very peculiar.

Every pair of earbuds I've ever owned, regardless of brand or price, after so long one speaker will get a bit fainter than the other.

And it's aways the right speaker. Why is it always the right speaker? Not that it really matters, but I just find it strange.

The other night at work I decided that I might be going a little deaf in my right ear. So that moment I put the left speaker in my right ear and it was louder, sounding the same as if it was in my left ear.

Coincidence?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 3:35 am

I've noticed that too. Very strange...

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 3:51 am

Very mysterious... maybe the way you put them on/in causes more stress on the right wire?

Or maybe the rotation of the Earth...

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 5:59 am

CowboyFromHell wrote:
This is very peculiar.

Every pair of earbuds I've ever owned, regardless of brand or price, after so long one speaker will get a bit fainter than the other.

And it's aways the right speaker. Why is it always the right speaker? Not that it really matters, but I just find it strange.

The other night at work I decided that I might be going a little deaf in my right ear. So that moment I put the left speaker in my right ear and it was louder, sounding the same as if it was in my left ear.

Coincidence?

No.

No.

NO!

This always happens to me. Always, it's one of the reasons that I purchased an expensive pair of headphones. In the hope that they would not do this.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 6:05 am

CAPD perhaps?

Too much noise (or any sensory stimulation) and my hearing goes starts shutting down. And not evenly.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 8:05 am

My honest 2 cents....

If you are playing the sound too loud, the wear on one of the speakers will be greater than the other as a stereo signal sends different loads based on how the music is supposed to sound in a 3D representation.

I've never had this happen, so I suppose it's because I don't overdrive the speakers.

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 2:28 pm

Then again I do jack up the volume and blast my metal at work...

Celtic_Frost
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2010, 5:25 pm

It's no good to just keep on turning it up to max volume. Keep the volume down, and you will save your earbuds, and most importantly, your ears. Otherwise, invest in some sound-canceling headphones so that you can hear your music without turning it all the way up.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 5:56 pm

Celtic_Frost wrote:
It's no good to just keep on turning it up to max volume. Keep the volume down, and you will save your earbuds, and most importantly, your ears. Otherwise, invest in some sound-canceling headphones so that you can hear your music without turning it all the way up.

+1

AND it's the high-frequency sounds that destroy speakers and hearing, not the low bass.