Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2010, 12:15 am

So, anyone in here has developed any app for the iPhone?

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 12:23 am

*bump*

so, is anyone in here going to develop something for the iPad?

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2010, 11:48 pm

Nope, i'm not that talented. I'm considering getting an iPhone, though... I think it would be neat if some of you who are good with that sort of thing made some apps specifically to be helpful to autistic spectrum people in their daily lives. Like a facial expression decoder(there could be pictures of different expressions you can flip through, along with their meanings, so you could try to match it all up after a confusing situation).... or an "NT-to-Aspie/Autie Dictionary" so we can look up confusing things that people say.. Or just an app that runs different videos of things spinning around and around or swinging back and forth, lol.

jbtamug99
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Feb 2010, 4:59 am

Working on figuring out Xcode right now... was so much easier when I was in college and they didn't make programming "easy" LOLOL. May have to go back to hand coding as it's tweaking my frustration threshold too much...

Probably pretty easy once you get the hang of it though... Lot of books out there on it!

Garriond
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Feb 2010, 3:16 pm

I have some apps out. I am not sure whether I will develop for the iPad. The iPad might turn out to be too niche. People will expect to pay as little as for iPhone apps, i.e. $0.99. It is difficult enough to make a living selling iPhone apps; if there are even fewer users downloading your app for the same price it will not be worth the effort writing for the iPad.

About the Aspie app: can you think of any situation where such an app would actually be useful? If you take out the iPhone in the middle of a conversation to look up a facial or verbal expression I doubt this will help.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 3:42 pm

I'm reading a book on Objective-C, then I'll be reading one on iPhone development. I plan to make some decent money at it.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 4:08 pm

@99mugs: search the web, there are some tutorials online

Garriond wrote:
I have some apps out. I am not sure whether I will develop for the iPad. The iPad might turn out to be too niche. People will expect to pay as little as for iPhone apps, i.e. $0.99. It is difficult enough to make a living selling iPhone apps; if there are even fewer users downloading your app for the same price it will not be worth the effort writing for the iPad.

cool! PM sent (:

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Feb 2010, 10:41 pm

Garriond wrote:

About the Aspie app: can you think of any situation where such an app would actually be useful? If you take out the iPhone in the middle of a conversation to look up a facial or verbal expression I doubt this will help.
The ipad will run Iphone OS, like the ipod touch or iphone.

Nuttdan
WP Co-Founder
WP Co-Founder

02 Feb 2010, 1:00 am

I have:
http://www.wonderwarp.com/shovebox

(Really an iPhone version of a Mac app)

And hopefully I'll be done with this one soon:
http://www.wonderwarp.com/opus

(Name is going to be changed to Etude).

Garriond
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Feb 2010, 3:21 am

nodice1996 wrote:

Yes, current iPhone apps run on the iPad as well. I was talking about apps that are specifically designed for the iPad and won't run on the iPhone or iPod Touch.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 10:22 am

Garriond wrote:
nodice1996 wrote:

Yes, current iPhone apps run on the iPad as well. I was talking about apps that are specifically designed for the iPad and won't run on the iPhone or iPod Touch.

They will probably be hacked to do so at some point.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 5:55 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Garriond wrote:
nodice1996 wrote:

Yes, just like the iPhone and the iPod Touch which ended up being jailbroken, apparently that is what could most likely happen to the iPad and most of the stuff as you may notice ends up getting hacked.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 6:43 pm

superboyian wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
Garriond wrote:
nodice1996 wrote:

Yes, just like the iPhone and the iPod Touch which ended up being jailbroken, apparently that is what could most likely happen to the iPad and most of the stuff as you may notice ends up getting hacked.

The iPad is based on the same OS as the iPhone and touch. It's not a case of if it gets jailbroken, it's a case of when. I give the dev team a day or two before it's cracked.

ChevyFan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Feb 2010, 7:10 pm

iPhone: Is your ego big enough yet?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 7:14 pm

ChevyFan wrote:
iPhone: Is your ego big enough yet?

My ego is only big enough when I have the best most expensive iPhone covered in 24ct gold! :D

jdbob
Toucan
Toucan

19 Feb 2010, 12:32 am

Nuttdan wrote:
I have:
http://www.wonderwarp.com/shovebox

(Really an iPhone version of a Mac app)

And hopefully I'll be done with this one soon:
http://www.wonderwarp.com/opus

(Name is going to be changed to Etude).

Looks at website... A fellow college drop-out :)