Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

dwoolridge
Toucan
Toucan

28 Feb 2010, 11:22 pm

the only that i dont like about facebook it was the istent messages so far it just anoying to talk to someone and all of the sudent it dont work

swansong
Raven
Raven

01 Mar 2010, 12:21 am

dwoolridge wrote:
the only that i dont like about facebook it was the istent messages so far it just anoying to talk to someone and all of the sudent it dont work

You can always make yourself appear offline on the instant messaging function.

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2010, 1:24 am

"Chris has just thrown a goat at you, Click Here to throw one back!"

"Steve would like you to join his family in Mafia Wars"

"Melissa just game you some carrot seeds, Click Here to start playing FarmVille!"

I effing hate those games like that.

FePixie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Mar 2010, 1:53 am

The fact that people are silly enough to use it? :roll:

fidelis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2010, 3:08 am

Spin offs of already stupid games like mafia wars, and how good games like themafia aren't played.

It's the only game I play on facebook and it doesn't spam you or anyone else. I also hate getting my name banned. My name is Samuel Jackson, and apparently a rather large number of people felt the need to pretend to be him. Now I am Sam Jackson.

Audiophile
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Mar 2010, 4:13 pm

The games, all of them are blocked via a firefox plug in, the proprietary instant messenger that didn't work the right way from the start. Private messaging, why do we have this? Don't we something called eMail accounts? Hello people!

Photo albums, Why can't he person who owns the picture have the ability to re download the photo fullsize? use it as a sort of picture storage place like flickr's paid accounts.

How the web design changes. Why in the world do we change it so much?!

I only use this turd of a website because the people i have on it don't use their email accounts properly, nor will they give the email addresses to me.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2010, 4:27 pm

I don't like the new layout... Too clunky

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2010, 5:59 pm

"jessica d........." is now friends with (firstname, lastname)" shown on your wall and no way to stop it from telling the world your now friends with someone.

i mean big deal, i added another high school friend, teacher, door hardware geek or aspie to my facebook friends list that dont mean i wanna announce it to the whole planet (or everyone else) but i guess that's what we get for a free social networking site.

another pet peeve............. the "(firstname, lastnam) likes your photo, so you go to click on the likes or what they posted to find out its some lame stupid app about random facebook statuses or some game that tells all your friends the same thing when you allow it(because some people just do not know that like/dislike IS A PART OF FACEBOOK)

farmtown players, gas/fuel is fine, I have enough animals/trees/flowers at this point.

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2010, 9:44 pm

the fact that you have to use your real name, that was the dumbest move in security, in history! :doh:

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 11:30 am

or you can do what I do, and not bother with it in the first place...;)

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 5:43 pm

Recently I've had a few apps that say "<person> answered a question about you. Click here to see what they said", and if I try to see what they said, I have to both install the application on my profile and then I have to "earn credits". Supposedly I can earn credits by answering questions about other people, but that means that the application is going to spam their feeds/walls if I do so.

Also, I do play games, such as FarmTown (FarmVille is based on it), and I find it annoying when games will interrupt me saying that I should post something on my wall or that I should send gifts to friends. I don't have a lot of friends, and of the ones I do have, I don't want to lose them by letting applications spam their news feeds. I find it annoying to be bombarded with requests, and I'm sure they do too.

On top of that, they keep changing the layout. "New Facebook" was bad enough

Assembly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Mar 2010, 7:32 am

I don't have facebook, so I wouldn't know :? What I hate though, is how everyone think you're weird for not having facebook or automaticly assumes that you're on FB.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 9:28 am

What is Facebook? :wink:

alana
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 7:00 pm

roadracer wrote:
the fact that you have to use your real name, that was the dumbest move in security, in history! :doh:

I don't know, I think it's more a user problem. Mine isn't in my real name and I have seen alot of them that are in made up names. I don't want to be found by anyone though. I think it flies in the face of everything the internet is supposed to be about to ask someone to use their real name online. And ditto what people have said about all the games...why can't they have good games if they are going to have them, the games on there seem stupid and pointless (literally seem, I haven't played any of them.) I reactivated mine but it just makes me feel socially inept when I post...on the other hand I culled my friends list of people who I didn't want on there and I post alot of videos of songs I like on there and it's nice to have those in one place. I like being 'connected' in a sense to people that are my friends on there and I like having the songs I like in one place (they are mostly live performances) so I decided just to use it as like an e-mail/ video collection thing. Of course if I get in 'trouble' for not using my real name they can delete me and it wouldn't break my heart. That's just wrong, though, asking for people's personal information like that. What's worse though is that so few people think there's anything wrong with it, or understand that it's all about ad revenues and marketing.

YasminTiara
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Mar 2010, 1:55 pm

Everything is wrong in Facebook

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2010, 6:26 am

Assembly wrote:
I don't have facebook, so I wouldn't know :? What I hate though, is how everyone think you're weird for not having facebook or automaticly assumes that you're on FB.

Yes it is, even at my school it is assumed that you have a Facebook account, myself and a few more friends with some AS traits don't use it and consider the use of it ridiculous, nobody even knows my address so I can assure myself that no classmates will come to my door to chat. So there's no wya that I would make it even easier for them to ruin my day with this Facebook crap.

On another note, it was amusing to watch my sister when she had to use my laptop to go on Facebook because she hasn't got the internet at her new house yet, nothing she wanted to do would work because I have "No Scripts" installed, I had to temporarily allow the site for her.