Good Idea?
Yes 100%  100%  [ 8 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8

Blake_be_cool
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 3:39 am

Hi every one, I'm Blake and I'm thinking about making my own website about science for kids. Because me myself, an never find any kid friendly websites and if I made one and put scientific discoveries and experiments in ways/words kids can understand. I will make a better learning environment..
What do you think of the idea?
www.Kience.site11.com

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 2:20 pm

I don't really like the Kience name that much but do like the idea of a kid friendly science site. My kids could spend hours at a site like that. We love the NASA site and others. My middle son is absolutely hooked on the National Geographic kids magazine. He's very into nature and animals, especially marine biology and sharks. I think a site like that made by people with HFA or AS could be especially valuable because it might be organized and presented in a way that current sites are not and appeal to some kids with different learning styles.

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 May 2010, 8:00 pm

It's definitely a good idea, but the work needs to be well sourced, I'd hate to be providing false information. You might try using Wiki software, it could make things a lot easier for both you and the readers. The only thing that would need to be done would be barring access from article modifications. I will go so far as to volunteer myself, should you need assistance.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 1:12 am

def a (y) idea,
get a proper .com website btw, otherwise a) it'll look fishy b) if there's a parent filter and site11.com is blocked, you're basically screwed.

Blake_be_cool
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 4:12 am

computerlove wrote:
def a (y) idea,
get a proper .com website btw, otherwise a) it'll look fishy b) if there's a parent filter and site11.com is blocked, you're basically screwed.

I thought the same thing, I was going to set the site up on the domain and after it got bigger and better I was going to transfer it to another domain and server.

sefer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2010, 7:47 am

Kience isn't the best or most informative name, what about just 'science4kids' or something? Anyway yeah you could put it on that free host (site11) but you probably won't really get that many visitors to it until you get a proper domain. Also have you thought of doing youtube videos?

Blake_be_cool
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 4:26 am

sefer wrote:
Kience isn't the best or most informative name, what about just 'science4kids' or something? Anyway yeah you could put it on that free host (site11) but you probably won't really get that many visitors to it until you get a proper domain. Also have you thought of doing youtube videos?

yes, Links throw to youtube will be on the site