Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 5:46 pm

I accidently deleted the desktop icon for my recycle bin and want to know if the recycle bin can be found somewhere in my hard drive. I use Windows Vista on an HP Pavilion laptop. I can't get it back to a previous date because it thinks there is a corruption with the antivirus and it's a pain in the butt to fix. Where is my recycle bin or is it time to take the laptop for its umpteenth visit to the computer hospital?

kra17
Veteran
Veteran

DogDaySunrise
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Aug 2010, 6:21 pm

I haven't used Vista (skipped from XP to 7), but 7 is very similar to Vista - you should be able to go into Control Panel, then Appearance And Personalization, then Personalization. From there, you should click 'Change Desktop Icons' and put a tick in the Recycle Bin checkbox (untick it and then tick it again if it's already ticked). OK or Apply should (hopefully) set it straight back on your desktop for you :)

DogDaySunrise
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Aug 2010, 6:22 pm

I knew someone would get in while I was typing lmao! :twisted:

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 8:57 pm

DogDaySunrise wrote:
I haven't used Vista (skipped from XP to 7), but 7 is very similar to Vista - you should be able to go into Control Panel, then Appearance And Personalization, then Personalization. From there, you should click 'Change Desktop Icons' and put a tick in the Recycle Bin checkbox (untick it and then tick it again if it's already ticked). OK or Apply should (hopefully) set it straight back on your desktop for you :)

That worked. Thank you!