Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 3:46 pm

There are occasionally orphaned little menu tooltips left on the screen after minimising the program or switching to another application. (The "helpful" little bits of text that appear when you pause the mouse pointer over a menu item.) I've tried searching the Mozilla site but they either don't call them tooltips or nobody else has reported the problem. It is too much hassle to jump through all the hoops to report the problem to Mozilla myself.

Has anyone else come up against this odd problem or know how to fix it? The problem is only associated with those two programs, my guess is the same buggy code is in both programs.

The orphaned tool tips remain on screen (on top of all other applications) until I either close the relevant program or pass the mouse pointer over them then they vanish.

alex
Developer
Developer

10 Oct 2010, 3:50 pm

Firefox is so buggy that I've switched to Chrome and Safari which are superior browsers in almost every way. I think you'll have to live with the bug and hope that they fix it in the next release. . . or you can switch browsers.

firefox also causes the problem on the forum index where the content briefly flashes on the page. Chrome and Safari don't have that problem.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 3:58 pm

alex wrote:
firefox also causes the problem on the forum index where the content briefly flashes on the page. Chrome and Safari don't have that problem.

I've noticed that behavior recently (but only since the latest site redesign) in Webkit-based browsers. Clicking on one forum often causes the home page to flash up.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 4:13 pm

I have bin using Firefox 4.0 Beta 6 and it dose not seam to have this problem so it might have gotten fixed, but it dose have a LOT of other glitches (but thus is the way of the Beta),

TheSpecialKid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2010, 5:32 pm

In windows I've experienced the bug with the tooltips.
I never found a real solution, but it's not that often it happens either.
For me, the best solution is to maximize the browser again, and move the mouse over the tooltip.

In Linux I've never experienced it, and right now I'm using Iceweasel (Debian's Firefox) v3.0.6, and I don't seem to have any problems with the Forum Index either. :?