Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 9:49 am

Anyone get so frustrated with your computer that it causes you to have an angry meltdown?

Today I was on the Sims 2, and I built a really big community lot what took me 2 hours to make, and it was really good aswell (well detailed and everything). Then when I had just finished it all, I pressed ''quit'', then I remembered that I forgot to add something to my building, so when the message saying ''do you want to save your game before quitting?'' came up, I quickly pressed ''no'', absent-mindedly thinking it meant ''I don't want to quit'' - and then I could have kicked myself when I realised I had actually logged out of the game without saving 2 hours worth of building up a massive community lot! What I was building was really good - it was something to do with my special interest, and I know full well now that if I built it again, it wouldn't be as good as the first one. It didn't cause me to have a meltdown, but it caused me to cry out of irritation, and wishing I could somehow get it back. But because computers are so ANNOYING, you can't get it back. I wish computers were made to be considerate! What made me mad was I had wasted 2 hours out of my day, and I could have been doing something else in those 2 hours. The 2 hours wouldn't have been wasted if I had saved the game. I just feel annoyed, because I had built the whole thing spontaniously - I even built a carpark outside of the building! Also a courtyard, and a multi-storey building, with modern posh flooring.....

Anyone else feel like throwing your head against the wall in desperate anger and frustration caused by a computer?
Sometimes I do when the internet disconnects itself (even though it says ''connected'' on the status, and the signal says ''very good'').

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 10:15 am

Joe90 wrote:
Anyone get so frustrated with your computer that it causes you to have an angry meltdown?

Today I was on the Sims 2, and I built a really big community lot what took me 2 hours to make, and it was really good aswell (well detailed and everything). Then when I had just finished it all, I pressed ''quit'', then I remembered that I forgot to add something to my building, so when the message saying ''do you want to save your game before quitting?'' came up, I quickly pressed ''no'', absent-mindedly thinking it meant ''I don't want to quit'' - and then I could have kicked myself when I realised I had actually logged out of the game without saving 2 hours worth of building up a massive community lot! What I was building was really good - it was something to do with my special interest, and I know full well now that if I built it again, it wouldn't be as good as the first one. It didn't cause me to have a meltdown, but it caused me to cry out of irritation, and wishing I could somehow get it back. But because computers are so ANNOYING, you can't get it back. I wish computers were made to be considerate! What made me mad was I had wasted 2 hours out of my day, and I could have been doing something else in those 2 hours. The 2 hours wouldn't have been wasted if I had saved the game. I just feel annoyed, because I had built the whole thing spontaniously - I even built a carpark outside of the building! Also a courtyard, and a multi-storey building, with modern posh flooring.....

Anyone else feel like throwing your head against the wall in desperate anger and frustration caused by a computer?
Sometimes I do when the internet disconnects itself (even though it says ''connected'' on the status, and the signal says ''very good'').

Hahah.
Sorrry!
Cannot help but giggle!
Yes. I have been in this position more then once.
I feel your pain.
But one thing... Think positive. Think about it, you had the achievement of doing it. You did it I know it disappeared, but just because you did not save it, it does not mean that you did not achieve that!

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 11:43 am

Yesterday I spent all this time leveling up my character in Black Prophecy, only to spend my points on useless stuff and I can't respec. I am annoyed to say the least. I'm a level 9 and yet if I were to create a new character (start as level 6 after skipping the tutorial), I would have better gear than I have now.

rabchild
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Apr 2011, 12:17 pm

Gaaak, try having one in the middle of a contract networking job because Mac OS has 2 different
share check boxes that conflict and give you a notwork. That was really bad, I'm just glad the client didn't
see it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 3:31 pm

Quote:
But one thing... Think positive. Think about it, you had the achievement of doing it. You did it I know it disappeared, but just because you did not save it, it does not mean that you did not achieve that!

Yeh I could think that, but problem is I can't use the building I had built in the game. It was a bus depot, and was so good. I can't be bothered to make it again.....ah maybe in a few weeks when I feel bored perhaps I will make it again.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 5:59 pm

Yes, I recently lost all my Firefox bookmarks (3 times in one week actually, first being the far worst), Oblivion saves (100+ hours of work) twice in a couple months, various car and computer related .txt & spreadsheet files I have made (dating back up to six years).

I honestly want to get as far away from computers as I can. I never lose work working on cars, I just can't afford to do anything to my car at times. I can easily install a couple hundred dollars worth of parts in a few hours. With computers I can spend a couple hundred hours on a few bucks. Stress just isn't worth it though.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 9:33 pm

Yep. Computers are a leading cause of meltdowns.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 11:11 pm

Yes, today i was make a drawing in GIMP (i can draw better in my pc then on paper), i had finally gotten the most complex part done, and was about to save it for the first time, and my computer freezes before i can hit save. I invented and subsequently fired several new insult as my pc. I hate windows.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2011, 11:32 pm

Joe90 wrote:

I do.......all the time!

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2011, 12:00 am

And that is why there's something called backing up.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 7:13 am

I also get really annoyed when I'm on Youtube and the red thing catches up with that other red thing and makes the video keep on pausing (I don't know what they're called or how to describe them but I hope you know what I mean).

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 2:18 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I also get really annoyed when I'm on Youtube and the red thing catches up with that other red thing and makes the video keep on pausing (I don't know what they're called or how to describe them but I hope you know what I mean).

The cache completion bar and the current time index. The bar changes to pink as your computer receives data about the video, indicating amount stored. The red bar that follows indicates how much play has progressed. If red catches up to pink, play back stalls while your computer waits for youtube to send more data.

lxuser
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Apr 2011, 2:22 pm

The only thing I get annoyed at is my D-Link modem, I really want to shoot it sometimes.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 2:30 pm

Printers. I decline to have one.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 2:39 pm

Fuzzy wrote:

I like printouts, but i can't stand my printers (i have gone threw quite a few).

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 2:40 pm

Fuzzy wrote:

My uncle brought a printer and when he brought it home it didn't seem to work, and he was fiddling at it for ages and ages, until finally he got so bad-tempered with it that he literally threw it out of the window. Yes, literally. And he's NT.