Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 6:35 pm

Hi, I don't know if you guys have seen this artistic version of the PoTE, it's pretty darn cool. But this potassium page has me stumped. THe artist says there are 4 facts being told, but all I can get are:

1. Potassium
2. Those might be "K"s right above Potassium
3. 19
4. Is she counting that they are in bananas?

Maybe that's all of them, but I'm doubtful that I'm interpreting it correctly.

Anyway, check out the whole thing while you're there, it's fun.

Potassium Page Link

PoTE Home Page

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 9:52 pm

1.) Bananas are a major dietary source of potassium...hence why there's a banana in the picture
2.) Atomic number of 19...hence the 19 in the picture
3.) The plates with screws are supposed to represent metal, since elemental potassium is classified as an alkali metal
4.) Potassium is written there because it's the page for potassium

All of this is actually explained right next to the image, so I don't know what the difficulty is!

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 9:56 pm

Stargazer43 wrote:
1.) Bananas are a major dietary source of potassium...hence why there's a banana in the picture
2.) Atomic number of 19...hence the 19 in the picture
3.) The plates with screws are supposed to represent metal, since elemental potassium is classified as an alkali metal
4.) Potassium is written there because it's the page for potassium

All of this is actually explained right next to the image, so I don't know what the difficulty is!

Oh the metal! Oh yeah, I read that but you know what was throwing me off? I kept thinking there was some meaning in the number of screws. I kept counting them and trying to make sense of them. Thanks!