Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Woofer123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Mar 2012, 10:48 pm

Human Reproductive Cloning.....some support it, others condemn it. My personal views on it are that once it is developed, it should be legalized for those who have lost loved ones. As for cloning oneself for the hell of it, I am divided on that.

What is everyone else's opinion on it though here? Should it be allowed? Is it ethical?

What are the possible negative/positive consequences of it being legalized/banned?

goodwitchy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 2:10 am

But just because an entity is genetically exactly same, it doesn't mean that the personality or individuality of the original entity which developed over time through life experience would be the same in a clone.

I am for stem cell research and medical procedures that use stem cells for therapy, but I am against human cloning to reproduce an entire individual.

Autism Spectrum quotient: 41, Empathy Quotient: 19

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 3:24 pm

I think the problem is that people would create clones in order to provide spare parts for themselves. Probably many vampires would create clones of themselves in order to live ethernally.

V33X
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Mar 2012, 3:36 pm

I just think it's cool that we've completely mapped out the Neanderthal genome. B-)