Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Oct 2011, 6:42 pm

Ok...as I am going about my business on my laptop, a single monitor icon with a red X by it pops up and then begins multiplying into several single monitor icons with red Xs. When I drag my cursor across them, they go away, and then begin doing it again. These are located on the bottom right hand part of the screen.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 8:03 am

Ick.

Sounds like some form of malware or a buggered program. That they disappear when you mouse over them, I'd say it's something coming on, being shut down, but the icon does not update until you go to try and click on it and the OS realizes there's nothing active and updates the task bar.

Any idea what program that icon seems associated with?

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Oct 2011, 9:10 pm

Not sure really because it can do it at anytime. For example, it almost always does it while I'm here on the WrongPlanet, and it can do it on the weather channel website, youtube, etc. It also does it as soon as I log into it without searching for anything. It's on my computer at work, not the one I'm on right now at home. So I guess I should alert the tech person at work about it. Thank you for your insight on this.